Help me pick my 5th supressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

hottnucks

Help me pick my 5th supressor

Post by hottnucks »

I already have:
AAC 762-SDN-6
Silencerco Spectre II
Silencerco SS Sparrow
SWR Octane 45 HD

I'm thinking I want a 556 suppressor, but I love the versatility of the 762 suppressor. I keep looking at the Saker 556, but something keeps telling me to get the 762 version. I like the MAAD mount because I can use it on my existing 51T mounts. Maybe you guys can convince me one way or the other.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Help me pick my 5th supressor

Post by doubloon »

get the Cyclops .50BMG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
DirtyHandsRob

Post by DirtyHandsRob »

maybe tell us what host(s) you need to keep quiet.... or buy a new host and suppressor, like a Barrett 50.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Saker with 51T mount would be good. AAC Mini4 would be an option as imo all AR's need hearing protection anyhow. Depends how locked into 51T you are. If you own more than 3 or 4 mounts I'd say stick with it.

If you have a long gun the 300-TM would be my choice for a thread on.

Subgun, Mk9k.

I'm strongly considering getting a 10.5-11.5 upper and perm fixing on an AAC Ranger3 or some other thread on can and setting that up as 100% suppressed (small gas port). I'm sick to death of guns running different suppressed or not, so it would be nice to un-SBR my primary carbine and ensure it'll always run correctly.

Um.... That's all I got.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

308 cans will have less blowback, maybe a 308 can with volume?

The Saker and a mount won't be cheap. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Emilio wrote:308 cans will have less blowback, maybe a 308 can with volume?

On top of that the hoplon increases blowback and noise. I have a saker 5.56 but am wondering if the saker 7.62 would do been better. Plus 5.56 doesn't wear down 7.62 cans as fast so hoplon isn't as critical.

So many unanswered questions.....
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

What guns do you shoot most?

What guns are you unable to suppress right now?
hottnucks

Post by hottnucks »

doubloon wrote:get the Cyclops .50BMG
DirtyHandsRob wrote:maybe tell us what host(s) you need to keep quiet.... or buy a new host and suppressor, like a Barrett 50.
I have no interest in getting a 50BMG right now, as I don't have anywhere to shoot it at the moment.
este wrote:Saker with 51T mount would be good. AAC Mini4 would be an option as imo all AR's need hearing protection anyhow. Depends how locked into 51T you are. If you own more than 3 or 4 mounts I'd say stick with it.

I'm strongly considering getting a 10.5-11.5 upper and perm fixing on an AAC Ranger3 or some other thread on can and setting that up as 100% suppressed (small gas port). I'm sick to death of guns running different suppressed or not, so it would be nice to un-SBR my primary carbine and ensure it'll always run correctly.
I currently have 3 AR's with 51T mounts. Don't really like the idea of permanently attaching a suppressor, I don't have any problems with running my rifles suppressed or unsuppressed. I don't even use adjustable gas blocks. They always run 100%
Emilio wrote:308 cans will have less blowback, maybe a 308 can with volume?

I can preorder a Saker762 with a mount for $839.
wacki wrote:What guns do you shoot most?

What guns are you unable to suppress right now?
I shoot my SBRd ARs the most. I can suppress all the firearms I have right now. I don't have any bolt guns. Maybe this is an opportunity to get a bolt gun and a nice thread on? I think the Saker 762 with direct thread MAAD mount fits that bill :D
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Well you don't have a light weight 9mm can (osprey). There is a big difference between the 45 can and a 9mm osprey. The liberty Leonidas would be tops for me as well. Can't beat it in quiet. As for bolt action the Saker, Specwar, liberty freedom and harvester are all good for FMJ.

Thompson machine thirty for cast or lead bullets. I buy Missouri bullets so the Thompson machine is nice for those.

But if SBRs are your main choice it's always good to have a backup. Saker and Chaotic fit here.
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

Try out a lightweight 5.56 can. A 15 oz or less can on an AR15 with a 16" pencil barrel feels like an AK74, handling wise- the difference in feel between a setup like that and a typical 'government profile' barrel with a 20oz+ QA can/mount setup is impressive.

Does the mini4 stay quiet enough on a 16" barrel to maintain the "snap-hiss" sound of a fullsize can, or is it short enough to have that "bark" the really short cans get?

I just played with an Ops Inc M4-M (actually, it's the new company run by the originator of those designs- his name escapes me.) and was very impressed. It sounded about as quiet as my AAC Ranger 2 (which runs around 139dB) and had superior flash suppression. I don't know what the total weight with mount is for that setup though.