Custom Liberty 300Blk SBR Can

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

wacki
Silent But Deadly

Re: Custom Liberty 300Blk SBR Can

Post by wacki »

strobro, how far away from the end of the hand guard does the Beer can sit from the rail?

Wondering if the noveske 8.2" + 7" rail is better than a Ranier 8.5" + 7" rail.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

.140"
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Really wish he wouldve kept the original lighter version. If he had I'd have one on order. Ive got plenty of other 30 cal cans, I want a short, fat and light can specifically for my 300blk. Does Dave still do one-off cans? Ive already got a 9" AAC with a specwar, I want a 6" barrel upper and one of these for subs and playing around but I'm having trouble deciding due to the weight. Its a pretty thick chunk.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I don't know if he still makes customs but if he gives you a quote. let me know! A light weight 300BO 6" barrel and 6" can for subs would be fun.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
TEXMEX
Silent Operator

Post by TEXMEX »

wacki wrote:Ok, I'm wondering why the beer cans are so rare. Seems like everyone makes them long and skinny which makes no sense to me since a beer can is about as wide as the gun anyway. So I don't see the advantage of the skinny. The long on the other hand makes indoor maneuvers cumbersome.

I have a beer can tall boy for my Uzi. An AWCMK9, comes in at 2" x 11.75" and weighs 29 oz. Portly little thing.

Then there is the Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor that is 1 7/8" x 6 5/16" and weighs 17.8 oz. A bit pricy.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

TEXMEX wrote:
wacki wrote:Ok, I'm wondering why the beer cans are so rare. Seems like everyone makes them long and skinny which makes no sense to me since a beer can is about as wide as the gun anyway. So I don't see the advantage of the skinny. The long on the other hand makes indoor maneuvers cumbersome.

I have a beer can tall boy for my Uzi. An AWCMK9, comes in at 2" x 11.75" and weighs 29 oz. Portly little thing.

Then there is the Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor that is 1 7/8" x 6 5/16" and weighs 17.8 oz. A bit pricy.

You also own the Wilson whisper? If so, what caliber do you run it on and how does it sound? I considered buying one for my WC 458 socom, but when they told me lead times were 12 months for production alone, I opted to efile a Form1 and build my own.
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

1slow01Z71 wrote:Really wish he wouldve kept the original lighter version. If he had I'd have one on order. Ive got plenty of other 30 cal cans, I want a short, fat and light can specifically for my 300blk. Does Dave still do one-off cans? Ive already got a 9" AAC with a specwar, I want a 6" barrel upper and one of these for subs and playing around but I'm having trouble deciding due to the weight. Its a pretty thick chunk.
Short and light. Not quite as fat
http://thunderbeastarms.com/products/30pss
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

wonder if dave would entertain a 45-70/458socom suppressor.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

bani wrote:wonder if dave would entertain a 45-70/458socom suppressor.
I emailed about a month ago inquiring about a 458 socom suppressor and Dave said there wasn't enough interest at this time. There aren't many choices out there right now for the caliber so I feel like he could easily corner the market for a big bore can.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

srt-4_uk wrote:
1slow01Z71 wrote:Really wish he wouldve kept the original lighter version. If he had I'd have one on order. Ive got plenty of other 30 cal cans, I want a short, fat and light can specifically for my 300blk. Does Dave still do one-off cans? Ive already got a 9" AAC with a specwar, I want a 6" barrel upper and one of these for subs and playing around but I'm having trouble deciding due to the weight. Its a pretty thick chunk.
Short and light. Not quite as fat
http://thunderbeastarms.com/products/30pss
Mark at Silencer Shop is taking one out to get db readings soon. Once he does that I'll make a decision. I kust like the beer cans extra volume plus it looks awesome. Im only going to use this can on my 300blk so I prefer to get the absolute best for this application. IMO that would be the aluminum version of the beer can.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

samson7x wrote:
bani wrote:wonder if dave would entertain a 45-70/458socom suppressor.
I emailed about a month ago inquiring about a 458 socom suppressor and Dave said there wasn't enough interest at this time. There aren't many choices out there right now for the caliber so I feel like he could easily corner the market for a big bore can.
Its really too bad he doesnt make one. I wouldve bought for mine as well. Instead I've got a bowrrs vers 50 in jail. I ended up with the vers 50 over the other basically stout 45acp cans due to the vers's extra volume. I really think Dave misjudges the market for a vers 50 like can with how popular the big bore ARs are getting.

Does Dave post on this forum?