Alpha Dog Silencers

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

AlphaDogSilencers

Alpha Dog Silencers

Post by AlphaDogSilencers »

Alpha Dog Silencers opened its doors in Southbury, CT.
Its initial product offering will be its patent pending sidearm line of Alpha Series Suppressors which feature an integrated picatinny rail.
Check them out at http://www.alphadogsilencers.com or on facebook under the user name Alpha Dog Silencers.
Last edited by AlphaDogSilencers on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Re: Alpha Dog Silencers

Post by MCKNBRD »

Lotsa marketing mumbo-jumbo on the page...

Looking forward to learning more about the fabulous future-forward fanciful powerful performance pistol cans you have...and seeing what is behind the fancy wordage.

Byrdman
john-alphadog

Post by john-alphadog »

Register on the website and watch the Facebook page. We will be posting test fire videos, beta testing video, and all the data to go with it. We will also post reviews from industry professionals, military and law enforcement after they shoot our suppressors. If you find yourself in CT message us and we will let you know if we are doing a public shoot or if there is a competition you can shoot it at.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

When I visited your link I thought that it was a late April Fool's joke.
Then I realized that it was just a teaser HomePage for an unfinished Site.
Until you have a Product Line, Demo Vids, and SPL(a) metered values; you might want to not direct traffic to your site. It will just turn us off and give you bad Word of Mouth ads.

There's no discussion of what baffle types, materials, weights, etc. Until you show how your products are better than others, those Firms with established Product lines/Customer Service will beat your pants off hands down. (Kind of weird visual. :lol:) Those lines that show their internals and explain their Functional Theories will always gain more Faith and Comfort for EndUsers. I want to know what my tool will do and how it works. Not just a Gandaulf's Magic Wand w Infinite Suppression rating.

See SWR's Spoof in their Thread on April 01, 2014. THEY made it clear that was a prank. You are basically stating it as a serious advert for your Firm.

-----You posted good reply while I was typing. Once you address those issues, you will garner a much better reception from our community. :)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

What is the nature of your pending patent? A new vortex generator? Attachment method? Gas flow Principle?
AlphaDogSilencers

All of the info your looking for is coming. When starting a company things happen one step at a time. Look at the news link on the website and you'll find images of the internals, video of test shoot, etc. The thing you won't find us doing is quoting decibel reduction numbers as they are too dependant on combo of host weapon, ammo type, weather conditions, etc. We have yet to see a manufacturers claims that aren't heavily contested by everyone. We guaruntee hearing safe levels with no ear protection which we believe to be the most important part of shooting suppressed.
AlphaDogSilencers

We are patent pending on five items. Integrated Rail, Gas manipulation technique, Heat dissipation, Indexing feature and Baffle structure.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Until proven otherwise best wishes for you to succeed.

Especially if indeed you prove that you have developed something markedly different,
novel, and with a tested lower Db rating from the myriad of Silencers that have been described
or pointed to on this site. Aside that is from venting the exit gases
upward.
JohnnyO
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyO »

I live in Trumbull, would definitely like to check out your stuff
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

john-alphadog wrote:Register on the website and watch the Facebook page.
I "registered" on your site. No info. Just a way to capture my email.

Then I clicked on News in upper-right corner.
Found pics of extruded tubes and a "Model5" prototype. No pics of internals though.

I imagine that you divert gas from blast chamber down into the rail cavity. I posted a similar idea in my "1-way valve" Silencersmithing Thread.

Or (more probably) you could reinject the gas stream into the chamber prior to the normalization chamber. Use the diverted gas as a cross-bore jet to increase turbulence.

Since no pics of internals, what baffle type are you using? Slant, K, "gull-winged wave" or "Ruffles Ridges" monocore?
HandyMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by HandyMan »

I have looked at your intro site, and have a concern. I am assuming that you are advertising that people may add accessories to your can via the rail.

Since this is a boostered can, how is the (variable)additional mass going to affect the reliability of your booster? Adding a 5oz. laser/light combo is going to mess up timing and add stress to the entire system.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

HandyMan wrote:Since this is a boostered can, how is the (variable)additional mass going to affect the reliability of your booster? Adding a 5oz. laser/light combo is going to mess up timing and add stress to the entire system.
I don't mean to speak for Alphas, but the booster "decouples" the inertial mass of can vs. barrel.
The Barrel cycles, the can barely moves and even then mainly while the barrel/piston is returning forward to battery.
HK91
Silent Operator

Post by HK91 »

Why did you begin a firearms related manufacturing business in Connecticut? Seems like a poor choice for any shooting related business. Same for NY, IL, CA, MD, HI, or any other state that does not support the 2nd Amendment.

HK91
AlphaDogSilencers

whiterussian1974, Thanks for signing up for the news updates. Internals images can be found on the news page under version 6. We use a combination of a progressive gas release tube with a series of blast and exhaust baffles. We'll get more pics up as soon as possible for your review.

HK91, although the CT state officials may not support our Second Amendment rights, many citizens of the State not only support our constitutional rights, they refuse to be intimidated by the attempts of the liberals to strip those rights. For those of us unfortunate enough to reside in such a state the decision to relocate immediately upon the passing of bogus, emotionally charged legislation isn't as easy as you suggest. As we stand strong and fight the forces against us in CT, NY, IL, CA, MD & HI, we can only hope that others throughout the country recognize our efforts and support us rather than turn their backs assuming we agree with legislation imposed upon us. Go buy a Stag, a Colt, a PTR, a Kimber, etc. All of those companies, like Alpha Dog Silencers contributes to the organizations fighting the BS legislation in court.

JohnnyO, contact us through our Facebook page or PM me.
Last edited by AlphaDogSilencers on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

HK91 wrote:Why did you begin a firearms related manufacturing business in Connecticut? Seems like a poor choice for any shooting related business. Same for NY, IL, CA, MD, HI, or any other state that does not support the 2nd Amendment.

HK91

+2!!!

Could also add " ... which in turn protects all the other Amendments that many Americans
gave and are giving their lives for."
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

what's the rail for?

And what does "smoothest" mean (from your testimonial quote)?

Numbers (preferably independent) will be key here.
Sound, comparison sound, various hosts, and same day/ right next to competitor's designs.
Cost, etc.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

What is the estimated price point?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

AlphaDogSilencers wrote:whiterussian1974, Thanks for signing up for the news updates. Internals images can be found on the news page under version 6. We use a combination of a progressive gas release tube with a series of blast and exhaust baffles. We'll get more pics up as soon as possible for your review.
I feel like you tricked me into signing up for updates by telling me I had to "register" in order to see pics. But posting internals and explaining design/function concept earns you some respect and credibility.

I imagine that you will relocate once the Tax Waivers expire. But how much more difficult will moving all that machinery be after you're running a solid offering?
TX has a great Tax environment and we don't yank it after a few yrs teaser term like NE States do.

----Historian, I'll see your +2 and raise you a k. (+2k!!!) :D

"Alpha Dog Silencers relies on concept validation to ensure meaningful innovations are inherent in each of their products. The following images are of the Alpha 9 version 5 prototype creation.
View Gallery
April 1, 2014 No comments"
This quote from the Website led me to believe that this was a prank. Probably should have picked a different date for clarity. :lol:
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

I honestly don't see the site as that bad in the NFA world, I've seen far far worse. Fairly decent pics. It'll all come down to db numbers and price, rail doesn't do much for me, but looks like you've got decent volume with a fairly low height so it might not obscure the stock sights on my sig for instance.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
HandyMan
Silent But Deadly

Post by HandyMan »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
HandyMan wrote:Since this is a boostered can, how is the (variable)additional mass going to affect the reliability of your booster? Adding a 5oz. laser/light combo is going to mess up timing and add stress to the entire system.
I don't mean to speak for Alphas, but the booster "decouples" the inertial mass of can vs. barrel.
The Barrel cycles, the can barely moves and even then mainly while the barrel/piston is returning forward to battery.
For the first few millimeters, yes. When the barrel has to cam down to unlock from the slide, it has to then lift the silencer mass. Any additional mass will still affect the system.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

HandyMan wrote:For the first few millimeters, yes. When the barrel has to cam down to unlock from the slide, it has to then lift the silencer mass. Any additional mass will still affect the system.
True. Someone else will have to answer how the rotational inertia in overcome. I doubt that play in the piston will be enough.

Alphas???
AlphaDogSilencers

We shared your concern's when developing our system and getting the function right is what led us to six iterations before we landed where we are. In the end it was a matter of fine tuning spring compression rates and tolerances within the Nielsen device. Testing has been performed on numerous host weapons coupled with our suppressor and a large number of rail accessories with varying weight's. The most difficult combo was a Sig P239 Tactical + Suppressor (11.5oz) + Insight M6X laser Illuminator (5oz). The Sig's are notorious for having a heavy recoil spring out of the box, but even with the factory recoil spring and heavy rail accessory the Sig's performance was not compromised. I believe this is what the Staff Sergeant was referring to in the quote on our website when he said "smooth" (someone asked this below). We've also done testing with an HK45 + Suppressor + Magpul MOE fore grip. This also functioned well with no compromise to the hosts action...it was also exceptionally fun to shoot!

I'm working on getting more images of our internals, as well as, a cross section of the suppressor on the news section of our site for those of you that are curious. My apologies for the delay, things here have been hectic. Feel free to advise what other info is important to you and I'll work on getting it all published.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

I look forward to seeing what you guys produce; always glad to see another company forging into the suppressor world. I don't understand the pointless flaming of every new company who steps up to the plate and introduces their product here. Let the facts speak for themselves once legitimate reviews, meterings, prices, and performance ratings are out. Good luck to you guys, hope you have something worthwhile.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

Cool looking can! It does kind of remind me of this:

Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
rjs1000
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjs1000 »

whiterussian1974 wrote:When I visited your link I thought that it was a late April Fool's joke.
Then I realized that it was just a teaser HomePage for an unfinished Site.
Until you have a Product Line, Demo Vids, and SPL(a) metered values; you might want to not direct traffic to your site. It will just turn us off and give you bad Word of Mouth ads.

There's no discussion of what baffle types, materials, weights, etc. Until you show how your products are better than others, those Firms with established Product lines/Customer Service will beat your pants off hands down. (Kind of weird visual. :lol:) Those lines that show their internals and explain their Functional Theories will always gain more Faith and Comfort for EndUsers. I want to know what my tool will do and how it works. Not just a Gandaulf's Magic Wand w Infinite Suppression rating.
These objections could be applied whole cloth to bendersquint and SRI who has been around for years. You have a better chance of getting out of Gitmo than seeing any pictures of his stuff, yet you trash a brand new company?
tsands974 wrote:I look forward to seeing what you guys produce; always glad to see another company forging into the suppressor world. I don't understand the pointless flaming of every new company who steps up to the plate and introduces their product here. Let the facts speak for themselves once legitimate reviews, meterings, prices, and performance ratings are out. Good luck to you guys, hope you have something worthwhile.
+1
Robert