Raised sights for suppressed Glock?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Lightsped

Raised sights for suppressed Glock?

Post by Lightsped »

I am considering either a AAC Evo 9 or a Silencerco Octane 9 for a Glock 34. Will I need raised sights for the Glock? Does anyone sell raised sights that are not night sights?

Thanks
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: Raised sights for suppressed Glock?

Post by Emilio »

My 34 wears these, they work great. You can find them cheaper sometimes on sale.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/ ... 53947.aspx
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
KSmoker

Post by KSmoker »

I am running an Octane 9 on a 17 and 19. If you want to see the sights over the can you would need taller "suppressor" sights. I bought my Ameriglos before my Octane came home and I'm sorry I did. Honestly I don't see a huge difference in accuracy vs sighting through the can using normal height sights. The Ameriglos stick out maybe .030-.040 which makes them almost harder to pick up than standard height sights. Also this wasn't just me, I had a few friends shoot who are VERY green when it comes to firearms and they too said sighting through the can was no problem. Try the can with normal/stock sights first and give it an honest chance then make your decision.
laxguy59
Silent But Deadly

Post by laxguy59 »

I use ameriglo night sights on my Glock, I really like them, but I seem to shoot better with tall sights on all my guns.

Picture isn't the best for this purpose, but it was the best one of the sights I had handy.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Many moons ago I put the raised Ameriglo on my 19. Then I learned to sight through my cans. I sold the Ameriglos and never regretted it. OEM sights work better with holsters and my tac ops on tin cans and range trash. :)
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Like everyone said - if you want them to clear the cans, you'll need tall sights.

That said, a lot of shooters don't care to have tall sights and just sight 'through the can'.

Also, forget the Evo, from AAC look instead at the TiRANT9. much quieter and fully user-serviceable.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I'm planning on putting on a reflex sight, Burris or Docter as soon as I scratch up some cash. 8)
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

twodollarbill wrote:I'm planning on putting on a reflex sight, Burris or Docter as soon as I scratch up some cash. 8)
Keep saving and step to an RMR. much much better quality.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubleajaybrock »

10-8 offers suppressor height sights for Glock that are plain sights.
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

strobro32 wrote:Many moons ago I put the raised Ameriglo on my 19. Then I learned to sight through my cans. I sold the Ameriglos and never regretted it. OEM sights work better with holsters and my tac ops on tin cans and range trash. :)
I can sight through the can. But I find I can shoot more accurately, and acquire the sights faster with tall sights that clear the can.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Garrett wrote:
strobro32 wrote:Many moons ago I put the raised Ameriglo on my 19. Then I learned to sight through my cans. I sold the Ameriglos and never regretted it. OEM sights work better with holsters and my tac ops on tin cans and range trash. :)
I can sight through the can. But I find I can shoot more accurately, and acquire the sights faster with tall sights that clear the can.
I shoot through the can on all my other pistols and am a pretty good point shooter at close range but my G-34 is way better with the tall night sights, the dots show up way better and faster in day and night and much more accurate when target shooting at 25 out to my 125 yard gong.

At $50 on sale the Night sights where worth doing! ( even if $80 ) Also, they fit and draw in some of my holsters no problem however i keep a light on it and carry shorter pistols in town.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
DMY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DMY »

I saw on another forum that these will see above most suppressors, though I have no real world experience.

http://www.advantagetactical.com/