Ohio Suppressor Hunting Bill passes House

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Louis
Silent Operator

Ohio Suppressor Hunting Bill passes House

Post by Louis »

Today 4-2-14 the Ohio House of Representatives passed HB234. It is the bill to allow hunting with suppressors. The vote was 76 yeas to 15 nays. The video of the vote can be seen at this link. http://www.ohiohouse.gov/session/session-video-library Click on the April 2, 2014 session. The vote starts at 62:36 minutes. There is also a journal the link for that is: http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/Jour ... -02-14.pdf It is a lengthy pdf and HB234 is on page 21. It lists all the representatives that voted both for and against. To everyone involved in helping with the success of this project, Thank you.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."- John Galt("Atlas Shrugged"-Ayn Rand)
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ohio Suppressor Hunting Bill passes House

Post by ChimeraPrecision »

Excellent! I'm looking forward to small gaming now
Keep calm, and suppress on
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Cool, is there a good site that covers all the states legal to hunt suppressed?
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly

Post by ChimeraPrecision »

Emilio wrote:Cool, is there a good site that covers all the states legal to hunt suppressed?
Silencero used to have a map with antlers showing legal states
Keep calm, and suppress on
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

The bill is officially in the hands of the Ohio Senate. http://lsc.state.oh.us/coderev/hou130.n ... enDocument It should be assigned to a Senate commitee. That would be the Senate's Energy and Natural Resources Commitee. And the dance continues.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."- John Galt("Atlas Shrugged"-Ayn Rand)
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

The Bill has been given to the Civil Justice Committee. The Civil Justice Committee focuses on bills, policies and issues that directly impact civil and commercial law. When they say it is ok then the Senate will vote then it goes to the Governor. He either signs it or veto’s it. If he does nothing for 10 days then it passes automatically.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Good luck Ohio!!!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Good Luck Ohio! I hope Louisiana follows in your footsteps......soon!
I've gotta stop this habit.
tactical assault
Silent Operator

Post by tactical assault »

Liberty Suppress

Post by Liberty Suppress »

This is GREAT news!!

Tim @ Liberty
Liberty Suppressors
"Maker of the world's greatest firearm suppressors."
www.libertycans.net
706-661-6911
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Thinking "wortuson" is a troll. My SSNcN says he wouldn't cross the street to piss on him if he was on fire.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

Wednesday May 21 at 9:30 The Civil Justice Committee of the Ohio Senate will meet for the first hearing. This is the sponsor hearing. They hear from the people who sponsored the bill. The second hearing will be the proponent/opponent/interested party hearing. Cross your fingers that it can all get done before they break for the summer at the end of June. They don't give much notice about these meetings. It was not posted until sometime on Monday May 19. Thats just 2 days notice.
jeepjon
Silent Operator

Post by jeepjon »

This would make my coyote hunting more pleasurable with my threaded barrel 223 rem 700.
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

Thanks for the update Louis, I'll keep watching for the good news.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

Today May 21 the first hearing of House Bill 234 took place. Here is the link. http://www.ohiosenate.gov/senate/commit ... il-justice# Go to May 21 click on the agenda view button. Then go to House Bill 234. You can read what Representative Grossman presented to the committee as the sponsor. It is a pdf. The next hearing will be for opponent/proponent/interested parties. I have no idea when that will be. They don't give much notice. I will post the date and time as soon as I get it.
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

The second hearing with the Civil Justice committee is Wednesday May 28 at 9:30 in the North Hearing Room of the State House. It will be the proponent part. If anyone is interested please show up for support and/or make a statement.