AAC Ti-Rant 9mm...

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Ti-Rant 9mm...

Post by dan9591 »

I hope those of us that bought Ti-Rants over the years with the promise of a 3-lug mount will at least get thrown a bone... I would not have thought of AAC as a company to forget their old customers in favor of new ones...
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

Question: When I re-assemble my Tirant, should the front cap be flush with the body of the silencer? I can't remember if it was or not when I first took it apart. Nothing is rattling inside, so I'm guessing I'm good. I've only had her 6 hours now.
Proper grammar is awesome.
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

dan9591 wrote:I hope those of us that bought Ti-Rants over the years with the promise of a 3-lug mount will at least get thrown a bone... I would not have thought of AAC as a company to forget their old customers in favor of new ones...
I know that ATF called the part they made got labeled as a NFA part which is probably ridiculous. I also read that they started production for the 3 lug parts back in March. Whether they got it cleared up with the ATF and if they started building the parts is a question.

I ended up getting a adapter that would like the TiRant body to a Silencerco 3 lug Octane adapter. Wasn't cheap ($295) since you had to buy both the 3 lug adapter and the adapter to link the two parts. The company was JB Tactical. The workmanship of the adapter was better than I expected. I really wanted to get the AAC version, but with the thing Remington is pulling on all those companies with it's consolidation, it's unknown if they will come out with the lug.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

ThaDoubleJ wrote:Question: When I re-assemble my Tirant, should the front cap be flush with the body of the silencer? I can't remember if it was or not when I first took it apart. Nothing is rattling inside, so I'm guessing I'm good. I've only had her 6 hours now.
When tightened down, the front end cap sits slightly recessed below the end of the tube. Just ever so slightly, like half a millimeter or so.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

rimshaker wrote:
ThaDoubleJ wrote:Question: When I re-assemble my Tirant, should the front cap be flush with the body of the silencer? I can't remember if it was or not when I first took it apart. Nothing is rattling inside, so I'm guessing I'm good. I've only had her 6 hours now.
When tightened down, the front end cap sits slightly recessed below the end of the tube. Just ever so slightly, like half a millimeter or so.
not necessarily, some slightly protrude. All is normal, it just depends on the particular tolerances of all your baffles and end caps.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

Mine protrudes just slightly, fingernail maybe. As long as it snugs up I'm good?
Proper grammar is awesome.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ThaDoubleJ wrote:Mine protrudes just slightly, fingernail maybe. As long as it snugs up I'm good?
As long as it is snug then you are fine.

Jason is right, its all about the tolerances of the complete stack and endcap.
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

So... with the pending AAC move is the 3-lug dead?
T-Bone

Post by T-Bone »

dan9591 wrote:So... with the pending AAC move is the 3-lug dead?
Not dead - just delayed another 3 years. :roll:

I'm afraid you could buy a 3-lug can from another manufacturer and get your stamp back long before AAC will ever get this thing to market. They are going to be inwardly focused for quite a while this this move. Ramping up production for a new accessory has got to be somewhere near the bottom of Freedom Groups to-do list.
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Good thing that JB Tactical is making adapters. I picked one up and it's a pretty quality part. It's basically made up of the SilencerCo Octane 3 lug adpater and their own adapter to match the threads of the TiRant and the Octane 3 lug. It's a bit pricy but workmanship looked like it matched the setup.

To save costs I actually bought the SilencerCo Octane 3 lug adapter separately at a discount and only purchase from JBT their adapter. Probably saved $20-$30 for it.

Sorry the photo is a bit blur since I cropped it out of a much bigger photo.

edit: Hmm.. looking at the adapter again, it was produced by CMS Armory. Wonder if they were contracted to make them. I went to their website and voila, it's on one of the photos on their homepage.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

So whats the stack-up...Tirant, adapter, Silencerco 3-lug mount? Hows the concentricity? Anyone know if the JB adapter will work the the Ti-Rant 45?
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

Yes the adapter works with the Ti-Rant 9 and 45.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT