New GM45 can noticably quieter than Blackside 45?

Company specific discussions and announcements.
vike
Silent Operator

New GM45 can noticably quieter than Blackside 45?

Post by vike »

Anyone heard the GM45 can yet? Is it hearing safe or another wet can like the Blackside?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: New GM45 can noticably quieter than Blackside 45?

Post by Bendersquint »

vike wrote:Anyone heard the GM45 can yet? Is it hearing safe or another wet can like the Blackside?
Don't even believe they are in production.
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

I have a Blackside and it is not quiet. SO that is not saying much...
vike
Silent Operator

Post by vike »

mk, Gemtech does a good job of keeping their cans smaller than most. They just aren't as quiet as you know. The Blackside 45 does a good job as a small wet can, especially on a long gun(no LID/booster).
The smaller AAC Tirant-s can that the military uses has about the same DB reduction as the Blackside45. Gemtechs newer GM45 may be quieter than both the Blackside and Tirant-S if their test numbers are true and its smaller at 1.25" diameter.
GM45= 21-23DB dry, 32-35 wet. Tirant-S and Blackside are about 20 dry and about 30 wet I recall. Of course none of them quite compare to the super long full length Tirant or the Octane & Osprey, but shorter cans have their niche if one can appreciate it.
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Yeas, the Blackside 45 is definitely a WET can. Dry, it will ring ears and make you flinch every time.

Huge difference between that Blackside and the KAC it was competing with at the time.

And yeah, by full length can standard like the Osprey, it is very poor.

But wet, it ok. Mess to shoot, but OK. It can have a niche market I suppose. But not so much in the civilian market.