Confederate Flag Raised to Honor Those Who Fought; NAACP Say

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Confederate Flag Raised to Honor Those Who Fought; NAACP Say

Post by Hush »

Confederate Flag Raised to Honor Those Who Fought; NAACP Says It Honors Slavery
http://www.ammoland.com/2014/08/confede ... s-slavery/
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: Confederate Flag Raised to Honor Those Who Fought; NAACP

Post by 700PSS »

It seems like you never heard anyone complain about the stars and bars before the 1990's. Almost as if someone created the issue and repeated the rant endlessly, until their agenda was accomplished on the issue. Does that mean that if we started accusing everyone who painted their house white or drove a white car of being raaaaaaaaaaacist, that it must be so?

It is historically inaccurate to claim that the War Between the States was primarily over the issue of slavery. Those who claim otherwise do so only to maintain their sense of relevancy in this modern era. Consider this logic: Why would so many people from the North be willingly slaughtered because they may have disapproved of slavery? Why would so many people from the South be willingly slaughtered because they may have approved of slavery? Think about that for a moment. Would anyone be so convinced that someone else should exist in slavery that they would die in support of such a cause?

And if those of the North were so opposed to slavery, why did Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, which outlawed slavery in the South, apply only to the South and not also to the several states of the North that still practiced slavery? Those remaining Northern slavery states eventually ended slavery on their own, over time.

Lincoln himself was actually not passionate about the subject of slavery. It really didn't matter either way to him. But, weakening the South, which depended heavily on labor for its agricultural based economy and preventing it from gaining economic prosperity, possibly becoming a threat again, mattered very much to him.

Those willing to be honest, must acknowledge that the war between the states was a matter of an industrial North, backed by an increasingly overbearing Federal government, forcing its will upon an agricultural South, imposing heavy taxes on agricultural production and related exports. States’ rights. That was the key issue. It was not simply an issue of keeping people in bondage.

I have never in my entire life, all of which has been spent residing in the South, ever heard a white person promote the Confederate flag as supporting slavery or even speak in support of slavery. I don't support slavery. I have never owned a slave. I have never known of any member of my family's ancestry that owned slaves. In fact, my family was very poor, at least up through my grandparents’ childhood, whose formative years culminated in the era of the Great Depression.

Likewise, I've never met anyone here who was a slave or knew anyone who was a slave. That said, it should be a moot issue in this age. Yet, in order for some people to remain relevant, they must promote fear and perpetuate the myths. If they admitted the supposed problem was solved, there would be no need for their own celebrity. No one has as a goal the re-enslaving of the descendants of former slaves. Stop the lies. Get over it. It ain't happening. Stop using what happened during a bygone era as an excuse for what's happening, or not happening, today.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Very good response 700PSS.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Some informative comments being posted below the story in the link too.
Liberty Suppress

Post by Liberty Suppress »

Well put...

Tim @ Liberty
Liberty Suppressors
"Maker of the world's greatest firearm suppressors."
www.libertycans.net
706-661-6911
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Unfortunately if you equate the civil war as "The war of northern aggression", then you are likely to get labelled as a racist who is opposed to the freeing of the slaves. The sad thing is that many blacks can't see that they've become slaves to the liberal left.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.