Elite Iron Sierra/SD opinion

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

delmccormick
Silent But Deadly

Elite Iron Sierra/SD opinion

Post by delmccormick »

So I guess it's been over 4 years since I last logged in/posted in Silencertalk. Wow. Used to spend hours here.

At any rate, was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Elite Iron Sierra, or Sierra SD (leaning toward the SD, because I like having the brake.)

I tried search but did not really find much that was germane.

Host will be a Savage 110 FP/HS Precision. (.338LPM)

Thanks for any help. It's fun to be back and catching up on things.

Would also be interested in other suggestions, probably would not do another AAC QD rifle can, however.

Del
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: Elite Iron Sierra/SD opinion

Post by samson7x »

I don't have any input regarding Elite Iron, but I am curious why you would rather not chose another AAC can?
delmccormick
Silent But Deadly

Post by delmccormick »

Without wanting to start anything, I would say experience with multiple AAC QD cans/mounts/hosts/calibers (both ones I own, and three of my shooting buddies' cans - about 9/10 total including replacements) over the last 6/7 years has led me to not believe in their suitability for my purposes, with most of the problems being attributable to the can/mount interface. Not every can had/has problems, but most of them do/did. There is an AAC Cyclone direct thread can in the bunch that has worked great from the get go, however. If I go with a direct thread, I would consider the Titan. Just my personal experience.
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Post by McLarenross »

I dont have any experience with Elite Iron's 338 can but I have gotten to hear a vast number of 30 cal cans including the AAC and Elite Iron ones. The Elite Iron cans sound every bit as good as the 7.62 SDN6 and better than the Gemtech or Surefire cans. The one can that I can say performs better than the rest is the Thunderbeast cans. Again this is just a survey of the 30 cal cans as I have never gotten to see/hear any 338 cans.
There are no "ex-Marines", just Marines who arent active anymore.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Heavy. Don't bother.
delmccormick
Silent But Deadly

Post by delmccormick »

Weight is not of much concern to me in this case.