Need quality opinions again please

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rem_pss308
Silent But Deadly

Need quality opinions again please

Post by rem_pss308 »

I thank everyone who help me decide on the spectra II for my rim fire. its awesome, now I just need about three more of them. works great on my savage bolt, and 22/45 lite.

Now Im wanting a 30 caliber can. to cover my other rifles.

It will be mostly for 300blk subsonics, but needs to handle supers and .308 and 5.56 full power.
I need the best performance on 300 blk subs. I have heard great things about the AAC 762 SDN-6 like it was made for the 300blk. Just read about the gemtech GMT-300BLK. db reduction looks close to the same as the aac can. and lighter.

right now my 5.56 guns and 300blk guns are 1/2x28 my 2 .308 rifles still have the 5/8 threads. Im not sure if I want to have the 308's changed to 1/2x28. ( worried about changing the accuracy )

Im open to other manufacturer's cans.

My local dealer that has inventory doesn't like AAC. he says cause of there customer service. there is another local dealer that doesn't keep inventory and charges half the transfer fee. but I would have to use silencershop.com to get it from him.

Ok so with the info above. and knowing price is no option. low weight would be nice but not really important.

who has real life experience on a can that meets what I need.

thanks for info ahead.

Mike
I'll keep my money, My Guns, and My Freedom. You can keep the change !!!!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need quality opinions again please

Post by rockman96 »

If price is no object, just buy one of each. Purchase them from the dealer that charges half price for transfer, because you can get great prices from places like Silencer Shop, Quiet Riot Firearms, etc... In fact, go to QRF and buy yourself a Saker in 7.62 and 5.56, then check out the deal on the AAC TiRant-45 and/or 9, and throw one (or both) of those in your cart as well. Why limit yourself when price is not an object? Just sayin'.
rem_pss308
Silent But Deadly

Post by rem_pss308 »

good point rockman. but what I mean when I say price is not important. is that I don't mind spending a little more for the one can that I will get for this purchase. Yes I would love to buy a bunch of them. maybe I will live long enough to do this. But at the moment I am only looking for one 30 cal can.
I'll keep my money, My Guns, and My Freedom. You can keep the change !!!!
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

I say go with Saker 762 as it is the most versatile, durable rifle can currently on the market.

Has the most mounting options, whether it's QA/QD or direct thread, it's all covered.

You can even swap the front endcap between 762/556 for better sound performance when shooting 556.

Plus the Saker internals are made of Stellite, which is a stronger material than Inconel.

Weighs around 20oz, about the same as most other rifle cans.