Anybody done a form 1 using the new online eforms service???

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Slow Hand
Silent Operator

Re: Anybody done a form 1 using the new online eforms servic

Post by Slow Hand »

I efiled March 16th and was disapproved last week due to having letters in the caliber section. Refiled and got a new control number a few days later. Emailed the old and new numbers to Dana Pickles (the examiner who disapproved me) and was approved in less than two hours. So, total was about three and a half months, lots a week due to refiling. Still waiting on my $200 refund for the disapproved form 1
joe0121
Senior Silent Operator

Post by joe0121 »

Slow Hand wrote:I efiled March 16th and was disapproved last week due to having letters in the caliber section. Refiled and got a new control number a few days later. Emailed the old and new numbers to Dana Pickles (the examiner who disapproved me) and was approved in less than two hours. So, total was about three and a half months, lots a week due to refiling. Still waiting on my $200 refund for the disapproved form 1
I did .308 wonder if the "." will be an issue.
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

I just did my first form 1. I set up a trust using 199trust.com. It only cost me 99 dollars, which seemed pretty cheap compared to some of the ones out there. Has anybody had any experience with them ? I made a couple mistakes and Eric was great about correcting my mistakes. I just hope it is a good trust.
I filed using Firefox version 30, and only real issue I had was the size limit on uploading my trust. Some of my writing for the notorization was in blue ink, so I had to scan as color instead of black and white document. There is a size limit of I believe 3 mb but you can add 10 attachments. So I had to break the trust document down into multiple parts to upload. Other than that it was a smooth process.
joe0121
Senior Silent Operator

Post by joe0121 »

Nanook49 wrote:I just did my first form 1. I set up a trust using 199trust.com. It only cost me 99 dollars, which seemed pretty cheap compared to some of the ones out there. Has anybody had any experience with them ? I made a couple mistakes and Eric was great about correcting my mistakes. I just hope it is a good trust.
I filed using Firefox version 30, and only real issue I had was the size limit on uploading my trust. Some of my writing for the notorization was in blue ink, so I had to scan as color instead of black and white document. There is a size limit of I believe 3 mb but you can add 10 attachments. So I had to break the trust document down into multiple parts to upload. Other than that it was a smooth process.
I did my trust through them and had it looked over by a buddy wife who is an attorney she said it was legit. It will certainly work for the ATF.

Also on the e-file towards the end it give you the option to upload a trust with no size limit. I think what you saw was for uploading drawings.
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

Just checked my application, It was denied, do to signing incorrectly. Applicant name must match trust name. Pretty fast turn around for the ATF
srs
Silent Operator

Post by srs »

I'm trying to efile a form 1 and can't figure out how to add a line item. There are no templates available from the pull down list, it won't accept my trust as a manufacturer, I can't even save any line item favorites from my profile page.

Do you just d/l a blank form 1, fill it out, and upload it as an "other" type of document along with the trust docs?

Thanks,
Steve
srs
Silent Operator

Post by srs »

srs wrote:I'm trying to efile a form 1 and can't figure out how to add a line item. There are no templates available from the pull down list, it won't accept my trust as a manufacturer, I can't even save any line item favorites from my profile page.

Do you just d/l a blank form 1, fill it out, and upload it as an "other" type of document along with the trust docs?

Thanks,
Steve
I found some really good step-by-step instructions with pictures here: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php ... ing-EFORMS

The answer to my question is to choose "By Manufacturer Code" and enter "FMI" and choose United States, which will put "FORM 1 REGISTRATION, UNITED STATES" in 4a.
M1-Dan

Post by M1-Dan »

I filed 7/24/14 and was approved 8/17/14
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

I received my approval email. Will I receive anything in the mail ? Or do I just print out the PDF file ?
calinb
Silent Operator

Post by calinb »

Nanook49 wrote:I received my approval email. Will I receive anything in the mail ? Or do I just print out the PDF file ?
I wondered the same thing after getting my approval email notice and phoned the ATF. Nope--you don't get an actual and official-looking stamp or any thing else via snail mail. You just download the PDF and print it out. I'll take the faster service over the physical stamp any day!
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

Thank you for reply. I agree I will take the faster service.
Kuraki
Silent Operator

Post by Kuraki »

Nanook49 wrote:Just checked my application, It was denied, do to signing incorrectly. Applicant name must match trust name. Pretty fast turn around for the ATF

Can you expound on this? Did you name your trust something other than "John Doe Revocable Living Trust?" I didn't name my trust after my name because that's not a requirement by any means for a legal trust.

Or did your signature on your trust not match your name as settlor/trustee in the trust?

Just wondering exactly why yours got rejected and what you need to do to correct it since my first Efile Form 1 is "pending research."
Hard_ware
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hard_ware »

Just submitted a form 1 for a 308 suppressor 9/10/14 23:00 CDT

The clock is running, will post as updates are sent to me.

Let's see how fast form 1's are turning around.
NRA Life Member
theserxtremedays

Post by theserxtremedays »

My first form 1 I filed 7/21 and was approved 08/15 it was really easy they have it setup to link photos of your design and your trust. I expect my second form 1 to be approved in the next few weeks.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

theserxtremedays wrote:My first form 1 I filed 7/21 and was approved 08/15 it was really easy they have it setup to link photos of your design and your trust. I expect my second form 1 to be approved in the next few weeks.
What design photo's? They are not required
theserxtremedays

It was my first submission and I wasn't sure it had a spot to submit it so I did, one of my rookie mistakes I suppose.
Hard_ware
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hard_ware »

theserxtremedays wrote:My first form 1 I filed 7/21 and was approved 08/15 it was really easy they have it setup to link photos of your design and your trust. I expect my second form 1 to be approved in the next few weeks.
Hope you didn't send a pic of the built can before you got the form one approved :shock:
NRA Life Member
Nanook49

Post by Nanook49 »

First successful approval for me using my trust, was for a .22. It was filled 8/14 and approved 8/23. Don't ask me how that happned. second was for a .45 filled 8/15 and came back approved 9/12.
theserxtremedays

Hard_ware wrote:
Hope you didn't send a pic of the built can before you got the form one approved :shock:

No not at all, it was a rough sketch of what I was thinking, like I said it was a newbie mistake I was walking through it on my own and thought I was supposed to include something so I did. It worked for me though so I wasn't disappointed. If I can just work out the fine details about it I will be set. I need to redraw it with the dimensions and post it for some critique. There is a wealth of information in here that I have been trying to glean from for several years now. The more I read the more I realize how little I know.
speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Post by speed6 »

I did, just over 3 weeks from submittal to approved. I only uploaded my trust documents: the trust itself and the "certification of trust," NO assignment doc or Schedule A.
Hard_ware
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hard_ware »

Hard_ware wrote:Just submitted a form 1 for a 308 suppressor 9/10/14 23:00 CDT

The clock is running, will post as updates are sent to me.

Let's see how fast form 1's are turning around.

Just received email form1 is approved, a few days over the 30day mark.

Off to the lathe :D
NRA Life Member
vandev

Post by vandev »

Just received mine as well. 35 days... very reasonable...
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Submitted 9/16/2014, approved 10/20/2014 :D
Strengverboten

Post by Strengverboten »

I built an SBR with a Form 1.

37 days from submitting to approval. Just submitted 2 more in hopes for the same quick turn around.

Back in Feb when Form 4s could be efiled, I got a stamp in 127 days... which I felt was speedy compared to 5 months 3 week paper form approved just a month before.