300 blackout rifle by Ruger

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: 300 blackout rifle by Ruger

Post by Bendersquint »

silencertalk wrote:Needs a cheek piece.
Those are an easy fix.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Bendersquint wrote:
Artful wrote: So who makes Ti-rant 45 piston in 5/8x24?
We do. Got another run coming in the next month or so if I remember the schedule.
So how's the schedule looking now?
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

Elkins45 wrote:They introduced LH American series rifles at the same time. If only they had introduced a LH 300 blackout.

2x what he said....
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

I had never noticed how similar the Ruger American and Sako/Tikka actions are. But then again, I've never been burned by Finns but a few times by Ruger. So I'll sit this one out until it's more tested.

However... seems like a really nice set of features for less than $500 retail. 70 degree bolt, safety (pseudo-2stage) trigger, 1:7 twist, light, pic rail base, detachable mag (albeit rotary), decent barrel contour... Seems like a winner considering the Model 7 comparison and costs.

Ruger still has few issues, but no one can argue they are clearly faster then almost everyone else with coming to market with things people are asking for. I see no CZ 300blk although clearly that should exist, no Savage, Remington is inexplicably expensive, nothing from FN or Winchester, or Weatherby, or Browning... It's hard enough to even get threaded barrels from those companies. So, Ruger isn't perfect, but it's almost as if they want to make sales!? How strange.

An adjustable cheek piece and available 10 round box mags and I'd be very interested.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Ditto on the box magazine. I wonder why they went with rotary. Is there a way to convert?
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

wacki wrote:Ditto on the box magazine. I wonder why they went with rotary. Is there a way to convert?
10/22 feed from a rotary or a "box" (linear feed) it doesn't need a conversion. The interesting thing about rotary is as far as the feed lips are concerned, it's a single stack. So in this case, I would expect it fully possible to make a single stack 10 round, but it would look like (as large as) an AI 223 mag.