New UMC 300 BLK ammo is finally flowing.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

silencertalk
Site Admin

New UMC 300 BLK ammo is finally flowing.

Post by silencertalk »

Index number: L300AAC1
Order number: 21421
Weight: 120 grains
UPC code: 47070 2
UPC case code: 47071 9
MSRP: $18.53

It is loaded in Barnes brass, using a Barnes 120 grain jacketed-lead OTM bullet, and is loaded for Remington UMC by Barnes in Utah.

Dealers can order it from Sports South or Davidson's, among other distributors.

Here is a good price for consumers (but lots of other dealers have it also):

http://www.cromwellsfirearms.com/index. ... t_id=94872

BTW, if you subscribe to the 300 BLK Facebook page, I put 300 BLK related notices there.

https://www.facebook.com/300aacblackout?ref=bookmarks
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: New UMC 300 BLK ammo is finally flowing.

Post by rimshaker »

BC? Muzzle velocity and energy? Bullet type? No additional info yet on Remington's site.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

rimshaker wrote:BC? Muzzle velocity and energy? Bullet type? No additional info yet on Remington's site.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

That data sheet is for the govt version, but it should be the same with the possible exception of inspection and stuff like water proofing.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

BTW, If you own a firearm that uses this ammo and you're not reloading... you're nuts....or affluent...maybe both. ;)
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

strobro32 wrote:BTW, If you own a firearm that uses this ammo and you're not reloading... you're nuts....or affluent...maybe both. ;)

Or maybe just a fan of this caliber??
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

strobro32 wrote:BTW, If you own a firearm that uses this ammo and you're not reloading... you're nuts....or affluent...maybe both. ;)
Unfortunately i'm completely nuts :(
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

Checked on shipping from Cromwell - 14.05 plus tax and shipping for one box is almost $29.00. I am assuming shipping would be cheaper the more you added.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

hunter2 wrote:Checked on shipping from Cromwell - 14.05 plus tax and shipping for one box is almost $29.00. I am assuming shipping would be cheaper the more you added.
Depends on where/how far you are from their shipping point. For my 3 case order, shipping was only $18.00 though.
timelinex

Post by timelinex »

I could never understand... what's the purpose of this round UNLESS your specifically using it for subsonic purposes? The round was specifically designed for subsonic purposes in an AR15. Otherwise, there seems to be much better cartridges out there (and cheaper!).
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

timelinex wrote:I could never understand... what's the purpose of this round UNLESS your specifically using it for subsonic purposes? The round was specifically designed for subsonic purposes in an AR15. Otherwise, there seems to be much better cartridges out there (and cheaper!).
You're missing the other half. The supersonic rounds are more effective than 556 at the same distances, say under 300m. And through a shorter barrel!

300 BLK isn't a huge leap up like 308win would be over 556, but it's still a step up nonetheless. All while using the same exact parts and equipment.

Yea the ammo situation is a PITA right now. But only time can bring prices down.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

timelinex wrote:The round was specifically designed for subsonic purposes in an AR15.
No it wasn't.

It was designed as a 30-cal solution that would fit and function in standard AR15s. The easy/efficient subsonic loadings are an offshoot, but not the only focus of the project.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

Speaking of the design of this round, was the Honey Badger project merely a demo-prototype or were any delivered to the SF community for testing? Always wondered about that, this thread just reminded me of it.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

tsands974 wrote:Speaking of the design of this round, was the Honey Badger project merely a demo-prototype or were any delivered to the SF community for testing? Always wondered about that, this thread just reminded me of it.
Maybe it'll be ready in "2 weeks", right after the "Black Box" hits the market. :P
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

tsands974 wrote:Speaking of the design of this round, was the Honey Badger project merely a demo-prototype or were any delivered to the SF community for testing? Always wondered about that, this thread just reminded me of it.
Honey badger is part of a current Low Visibility Assault Weapon solicitation. There was a downselect to two finalists a few months ago. HB is one of the finalists, but I wouldn't bet on it winning.

If Rem allows, AAC will definitely eventually release it for civs, it's too cool not to and it's a way to recoup some development costs.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :shock: :D I'd love one...or two
saami300BLK

Post by saami300BLK »

I just picked up a box of L300AAC1 for less than $17 at the local Walmart. These were in a white Remington box.
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

JasonM wrote:
timelinex wrote:The round was specifically designed for subsonic purposes in an AR15.
No it wasn't.

It was designed as a 30-cal solution that would fit and function in standard AR15s. The easy/efficient subsonic loadings are an offshoot, but not the only focus of the project.
The focus of the project was to brand and capitalize on the efforts made by many reloaders over the last decade or two with the 300 Whisper without a whole lot of effort put into it yourself.

But on the up side: since this is loaded by Barnes it won't be complete crap like the majority of Remington ammunition.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Did somebody leave the door open from the 68 forum?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Deathray wrote:The focus of the project was to brand and capitalize on the efforts made by many reloaders over the last decade or two with the 300 Whisper without a whole lot of effort put into it yourself.
The focus was to agree to do what the military asked, and offer a working rifle and ammunition product family so they would have something to buy and use. To do that, the round had to be in SAAMI, which was not possible if it was a trademarked name. Moreover, it needed to be as good as possible, so many man-years of R&D was put into it to improve on what had been done before. Before there were feeding problems. Solved. Before there were magazine issues. Solved. Before adjustable gas blocks were needed to work with all four configurations. Solved. Before ammunition was $45 a box. Solved. Before there was no brass to buy. Solved.
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

silencertalk wrote:The focus was to agree to do what the military asked, and offer a working rifle and ammunition product family so they would have something to buy and use. To do that, the round had to be in SAAMI, which was not possible if it was a trademarked name. Moreover, it needed to be as good as possible, so many man-years of R&D was put into it to improve on what had been done before. Before there were feeding problems. Solved. Before there were magazine issues. Solved. Before adjustable gas blocks were needed to work with all four configurations. Solved. Before ammunition was $45 a box. Solved. Before there was no brass to buy. Solved.
Bang. Dead. Nicely done. You didn't birth it, but this has become your baby.

Also, appreciate the velocity figures for the most common barrel lengths.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons