Best pistol grip for my AOW mossy?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Best pistol grip for my AOW mossy?

Post by jdasilva »

I ordered a 14" 590A1 & was looking for the best pistol grip. Ati, hogue,...? Also, does anyone make a forend like the super shorty has?
BCJ
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Best pistol grip for my AOW mossy?

Post by BCJ »

I have a Hogue Tamer on both of mine. They have enough cushion to be comfortable
dark2023
Silent Operator

Post by dark2023 »

I suggest any birdshead type grip, I think Speedfeed makes one, so does shockwave technologies.
A gun is meant to protect your life, not your wallet. Things can be replaced, people cant.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

I've heard good things about the shockwave & the tamer. I currently have the tacstar kit just so I have something for when my stamp is approved. The tacstar has finger grooves but I can tell it's not made for recoil reduction.
dark2023
Silent Operator

Post by dark2023 »

You could also look into one of those knoxx recoil reducing grips, I think it's called "The Breacher" or something to that affect.
A gun is meant to protect your life, not your wallet. Things can be replaced, people cant.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

will do
Pitbull

Post by Pitbull »

Second the Knoxx/BLACKHAWK! breachers grip. Have one on my Surbu Super Shorty and it does make it a bit more comfortable to shoot 3 inch slugs. They are not going to win a beauty pageant but they do work.
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

The Shockwave Technologies Raptor is currently the only 'birdhead' option for the Mossberg unless you can find a used SpeedFeed, but they haven't been produced for the Mossy in some time. Guess you could fab one up from a wood stock if you're handy that way. I have a Shockwave on my 500 AOW and it is a bit longer than the SF version. I find this style the most comfortable and natural pointing of the pistol grip styles.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons