My vault door project...

Private holding tank.

Moderator: mpallett

John4045
Silent Operator

Re: My vault door project...

Post by John4045 »

I think you have been more than fair and understanding with the dealer. You asked for pictures and there have been mistakes along the way on their end.

If it were me and my coin, I would ask for a refund for a product of that nature. At least have them make it right. You're going to be attached to this safe for a lifetime or so and I would want it done right. With the extra amount of resources, time, and energy (and all your friends energy) I would be spending to make it correctly, would be a no-go for me. I would always know there is something "wrong" with it. If this were a Glock 17 or a Honda Civic that I could easily sell/move, then I wouldn't care as much.

I would ask for a refund and have him take full responsibility. The cost is one thing, but the nature of the project is another. This being a vault door that one can't just return it to Walmart on a whim. One of my concerns would be for the next potential buyer that doesn't have the know-how and wherewithal that you have. The next buyer would be really up a creek. Good luck with your project and that's a nice wine cellar. :D
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I have a shooting friend that has a door, though not in this elaborate a set up. He put all his money in the door and wall around the door but none in the brick and mortar exterior masonry wall in his basement wall. I could punch through the 8" hollow core masonry block with a brick veneer (total 12") with a bobcat and pallet fork in less than 2 minutes. Most housing walls are designed for weight load, not side loads.

I hope you considered the other walls and ceiling in your vault design.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Shitty business owners stay in business not because of repeat business. but because most people let him continue doing this brand of business by simply taking the easy way out. Instead of staking a financial risk on each project, owners just sell another to the next person who does the same thing when it is
"found " out during the install that the door was designed and built by a blind person with no lay out skills.

Silvers is doing the same by "taking " the 300.00 instead of making this guy fix his trash.

That door is a shitty design with piss poor labor and a serious lack of q/c. Maybe Red Jacket had a hand in the design? It looks like a game changa!

But instead he laughed all the way to the bank knowing most people will not really hold him responsible,again.

Polished stainless is beautiful, but it is still lipstick on a pig.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I would never take $300. I took $800.

The walls and ceiling are all poured concrete.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I wonder if anyone reading this still thinks their sh*t is safe under the bed. :lol:
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

silencertalk wrote:I would never take $300. I took $800.

The walls and ceiling are all poured concrete.
At least he lubed the tip up for your comfort anyways.

Sad to have a Red Jacket quality door in such a beautiful area. Your wine cellar is awesome.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
rgb03
Silent Operator

Post by rgb03 »

So wheres the pic of the contents within the vault?
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

rgb03 wrote:So wheres the pic of the contents within the vault?

And, just between the few of us, what is the combination? Just in case
you were to forget it of course. We promise we will not tell anyone. You can trust
us, we are not like the others. :) :)

I echo the intelligent inference by Sigproshooter that Red Jacket most likely made the safe.
A game changer.

Aside from this, compliments on your wine selection.

Best.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

I could only imagine the goodies Robert has stashed in that room. :wink:

That door does make me sad, mostly because people like the owner are allowed to continue in business even with his apparent dislike for craftsmanship.

Robert obviously put a lot of care and consideration into his cellar, it is sad something as simple as a door turned out like it did.
Sun Tzu