22 lr BS getting reeeeeeeal old

Private holding tank.

Moderator: mpallett

quiettime
Silent But Deadly

22 lr BS getting reeeeeeeal old

Post by quiettime »

Got email from Midway @ 11:13, CCI Std Vel in stock. Checked it at 11:24, sold out. Wtf, it's been TWO YEARS! Enough is enough!!! :evil:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: 22 lr BS getting reeeeeeeal old

Post by Bendersquint »

quiettime wrote:Got email from Midway @ 11:13, CCI Std Vel in stock. Checked it at 11:24, sold out. Wtf, it's been TWO YEARS! Enough is enough!!! :evil:
They have over 650,000 customers that get the emails.....I am not surprised they sell out that fast!

I check it the second I get the emails and I make out pretty good most of the time.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

So you spend a few dollars too much, you buy 5000 off the interwebs, some guy makes some profit and you don't have to worry about it for a year.

I can't believe how people get so uptight over spending some money, but have no trouble wasting hours of their day with multiple trips to Walmart trying to buy ammo. Spend some extra money and it comes to your home.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Its still getting old. And I don't shop at Wal-Mart anymore
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

It's the principal of the thing. 22 plinking is supposed to be cheap, and profiteering is dastardly. There's been a 22 regression. ARs and 223 are everywhere, 22 came back for a few months here in CO, luckily I stocked up, but I'm still checking for it out of habit, and it's gone again. What the what the!
Proper grammar is awesome.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Should have learned from 2008.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

They have Quiets in stock. Just ordered another 2 bricks. :D
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

This thing has me aggravated
Last edited by quiettime on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

ThaDoubleJ wrote:It's the principal of the thing.
Damn straight!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

RJT wrote:They have Quiets in stock.
Yeah, but will those things cycle a semi? My host is 4.5" barrel, I'm sure the 710 fps is out of a rifle, correct?
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

quiettime wrote:
RJT wrote:They have Quiets in stock.
Yeah, but will those things cycle a semi? My host is 4.5" barrel, I'm sure the 710 fps is out of a rifle, correct?
Correct. They will not cycle my 10/22.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent Operator

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I picked up 2K of CCI Quiet 22. I really like them because they feed just fine. I am going to clip a few coils from my SR-22 so they will cycle with my suppressor.
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth-and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts

Patrick Henry
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

ok maybe I'll snag a few of them then. Most of my stash is high velocity/Mini Mags and/or bulk Federal
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

quiettime wrote:SMH, I can't believe some of you turds are actually ok with this whole situation. You're probably the ones wasting hours of the day in line at Walmart buying up all the ammo to make some profit...

How stupid of me to be aggravated that I can't go exchange a reasonable amount of money for the oldest metallic cased ammunition on a whim. :roll:

Truth is your dealer is f--king you or is a small time no one who has no connections with his rep. .22 ammo is at the distributors and had been for a while . We have still been getting it every month since stupidity started. Should be a little nicer and someone here could help you .
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

66427vette wrote:
quiettime wrote:SMH, I can't believe some of you turds are actually ok with this whole situation. You're probably the ones wasting hours of the day in line at Walmart buying up all the ammo to make some profit...

How stupid of me to be aggravated that I can't go exchange a reasonable amount of money for the oldest metallic cased ammunition on a whim. :roll:

Truth is your dealer is f--king you or is a small time no one who has no connections with his rep. .22 ammo is at the distributors and had been for a while . We have still been getting it every month since stupidity started. Should be a little nicer and someone here could help you .
+1
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

66427vette wrote:Should be a little nicer and someone here could help you .
Well this IS the "Nutcase bitch and whine forum"

And I did get a heads up from two fine folks here. Thanks
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I have not run out since the last panic. Didn't everyone buy a few years supply? Mormons keep one year of food. It is not like it goes bad or goes down in value. You can always sell it.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

I'm not out. I just want more! :lol:
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

ThaDoubleJ wrote: 22 came back for a few months here in CO, luckily I stocked up, but I'm still checking for it out of habit, and it's gone again.
There you go. Times that by a few million people and that's why there is still a shortage.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Kramer wrote:
ThaDoubleJ wrote: 22 came back for a few months here in CO, luckily I stocked up, but I'm still checking for it out of habit, and it's gone again.
There you go. Times that by a few million people and that's why there is still a shortage.
Exactly!

Someone having overstock means someone has no stock!

We will never get caught up if people are greedy.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

I've edited my comments, not here to make enemies.
dark2023
Silent Operator

Post by dark2023 »

I recently went on a vacation to the Appalachian mountains and along with me I brought 200 rounds of CCI standard velocity for my suppressed PPK.
While up there I went though the stuff faster than planned, my buddy and I plinked most of it away within the first 2 days of a week long trip.

I checked 2 Walmarts nearby and 2 gun shops, NONE of them had ANY .22lr of any type in stock.
I wasent necessarily expecting to find the CCI Standard Velocity that I love so much, but I figured there would be at least some kind of bulk box ammo.
I could not believe that multiple WalMarts and dealers were all COMPLETELY out. I checked both Walmarts at least twice over the week too.

One thing that also annoys me is whenever I ask "Can you tell me when you expect to get more in?" they always tell me that they're restocking schedule isnt set in stone and the ammo just arrives whenever it arrives. Now I know they dont want me showing up at 2am on the specific day or whatever some people do, but I'm also not an idiot, I know that there is a schedule as to when the new merchandise comes in, and employees who work in a department are usually familiar with when that is.
A gun is meant to protect your life, not your wallet. Things can be replaced, people cant.