Say good bye to good prices for a bit eh?

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

bakerjw
Elite Member

Say good bye to good prices for a bit eh?

Post by bakerjw »

Might be on here somewhere else.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015021 ... ar-15-ammo

Damn. Just last week Wideners had M855 for around $359.00/1K.
Not any more. It's all gone. What they will get in is going to be marked through the roof. I suspect that all M193 will fly off of the shelves too.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: Say good bye to good prices for a bit eh?

Post by 66427vette »

Distributors still have some at same prices as last week. Just ordered 300 cases . No need to panic yet sales rep stated they have lots more inbound.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

As soon as I read that I went to Widener's and ordered 6 boxes (500) of SS109 62 gr bullets for $60/box. I see that they too are out of stock now! I only have one of my AR15s that I shoot M855 through so this should last me a while. I'd love to get my hands on the M855A1 ammo but this ruling pretty much nixes that chance.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

PLEASE take a minute to email the address in that article.

Stocking up is great. But, what if we could stop it from happening?
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Manuf. had to make 7.62X39 pistols and that steel core was banned.

Everyone had to make AR15 pistols in 5.56 and that steel core ammo is soon banned.

Anyone with any kind of a brain at all knew this was coming and should have stocked up if that is the kind of ammo they need.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

David Hineline wrote:Manuf. had to make 7.62X39 pistols and that steel core was banned.
Let me correct that for you: Olympic Arms had to make a 7.62X39 pistol and steel core was banned. He was warned it would happen but he bought it out anyway and within months the ATF acted. Even to this day I won't buy anything from them.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
dark2023
Silent Operator

Post by dark2023 »

Guess I wont be buying an AR for awhile after all.
A gun is meant to protect your life, not your wallet. Things can be replaced, people cant.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

M193 is still available at $.32 to $.33 a round, Wideners has plenty of it. I just wish that I'd scarfed up some M855 last week.

What pisses me off is that the ATF does crap like this while there are so many other hot button issues that no one will give a rats ass about it.

Again, happy that I'm closer to the tomb than the womb.
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

66427vette wrote:Distributors still have some at same prices as last week. Just ordered 300 cases . No need to panic yet sales rep stated they have lots more inbound.
Where on earth did you manage to find 300,000 rounds of M855?!
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Everything that I've found had been way up in price.

But a new news item might drive it all through the roof once again.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

sillycon wrote:
66427vette wrote:Distributors still have some at same prices as last week. Just ordered 300 cases . No need to panic yet sales rep stated they have lots more inbound.
Where on earth did you manage to find 300,000 rounds of M855?!

Someone very close to me is the sales manager of one of largest distributors in the country. Same guy gets me a1/2 pallet of .22 ammo once a month. :)
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

Luckily not affected by this (yet), but wouldn't this ban solid copper hunting bullets like Barnes as well? This sort of absolute interpretation is not what I would call fair and honest government. Now we may disagree on the level of governmental influence, but most agree that some regulation is in the common interest. But what they're doing is writing with too wide a brush, regulation should be with a clear purpose and precise enough to not cause too much unavoidable limitations. There should be some balance between the cost of regulation and the reward. This is done without any care for consequences it might have on other unrelated areas and just seems spiteful and petty.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

They are setting the stage. Camel nose under the tent type of stunt.
Wait for the main act...
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

David Hineline wrote:Manuf. had to make 7.62X39 pistols and that steel core was banned.

Everyone had to make AR15 pistols in 5.56 and that steel core ammo is soon banned.

Anyone with any kind of a brain at all knew this was coming and should have stocked up if that is the kind of ammo they need.
I remembered when that happened and was waiting for it to happen again with the AR pistols. That's why I bought a "few" cases of 5.56 last year.
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

Fulmen wrote:Luckily not affected by this (yet), but wouldn't this ban solid copper hunting bullets like Barnes as well? This sort of absolute interpretation is not what I would call fair and honest government. Now we may disagree on the level of governmental influence, but most agree that some regulation is in the common interest. But what they're doing is writing with too wide a brush, regulation should be with a clear purpose and precise enough to not cause too much unavoidable limitations. There should be some balance between the cost of regulation and the reward. This is done without any care for consequences it might have on other unrelated areas and just seems spiteful and petty.
Our gov't is not writing with "too wide a brush" relative to the overall goal.

Step 1: Ban non-lead projectiles as "armor piercing"
Step 2: Ban lead due to it being environmentally unfriendly

The anti's got step 2 accomplished in CA some time ago. It's just taken longer than hoped on a national level, but they'll be "keeping on, keeping on" with it -- rest assured.
bakerjw wrote:They are setting the stage. Camel nose under the tent type of stunt.
Wait for the main act...
What do you believe is up their sleeve?
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

We all know what is up their sleeve. For now it's M855. Soon it could be restrictions on all lead in bullets. Then it could be any bullet with materials harder than lead. We are dealing with an administration that is not our friend.

That said, Wideners is all out of M193 now because of this crap. Never before has one American screwed over so many other Americans by his words or actions.
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

Ah, I thought you were suggesting/hinting at something other than incrementally banning ammunition.
bakerjw wrote:Never before has one American screwed over so many other Americans by his words or actions.
I'm inclined to put Dear Leader in with FDR ("new deal" social policies bankrupting the nation today) and Woodrow Wilson (Federal Reserve Act, also responsible for bankrupting the nation today...) for top honors with the screwing of America/Americans.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

He was a great President, but not a true friend of the American gun owner.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

bakerjw wrote:We all know what is up their sleeve. For now it's M855. Soon it could be restrictions on all lead in bullets. Then it could be any bullet with materials harder than lead. We are dealing with an administration that is not our friend.

That said, Wideners is all out of M193 now because of this crap. Never before has one American screwed over so many other Americans by his words or actions.
That's already been put out in feelers. Only sintered tin cores b/c lead is unenviromental. We get our lead from China b/c the EPA shut down all US lead smelters. And EPA could regulate lead cores w/o Congression action.

They say: Hollow points are "Cop Killers". Armor Piercing defeats Kevlar.
What's next? No pointy tips? Plastic rounds only? DNA scanners in grip programmed at time of purchase? :evil:
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314