Question to those who live in South Carolina...

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bg556
Silent Operator

Question to those who live in South Carolina...

Post by bg556 »

I am looking to move to SC within the next year, likely around Greenville. As using trusts for NFA purchases may not be a possibility in the near future, how are the sheriff's in SC on sigining form 4's?

Thanks,
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Question to those who live in South Carolina...

Post by Bendersquint »

bg556 wrote:I am looking to move to SC within the next year, likely around Greenville. As using trusts for NFA purchases may not be a possibility in the near future, how are the sheriff's in SC on sigining form 4's?

Thanks,
The use of trusts are not in jeopardy in the near future.

Requirement for the use of Trusts are increasing.
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

In the event a sheriff signature is reqired with a trust, which is what was explained to me as being the case, do the sheriffs in that areas sign? For instance my local sheriff does not. Anyone in SC have insight on this?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

bg556 wrote:In the event a sheriff signature is reqired with a trust, which is what was explained to me as being the case, do the sheriffs in that areas sign? For instance my local sheriff does not. Anyone in SC have insight on this?
46 counties in South Carolina.....gonna have to be a little be specific on which county you are referring to.
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

Greenville or anderson specifically. However intersted in anyone who lives in any sorrounding county who may have experience in getting or getting denied the signature. Where abouts in SC are you Bendersquint?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

bg556 wrote:Greenville or anderson specifically. However intersted in anyone who lives in any sorrounding county who may have experience in getting or getting denied the signature. Where abouts in SC are you Bendersquint?
I don't live in SC but have customers there that i can ask.
bg556
Silent Operator

Post by bg556 »

I appreciate any info you can provide, thanks.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

i live in SC, if they will sign or not i honestly cant tell you but i know the police around here arent really anti-gun so odds are they will
Captain Skippy

Post by Captain Skippy »

The upstate sheriffs, as are most in SC, are very "friendly" in regards to NFA stuff. I'm a retired LEO but work at The Gun Shop and Range in Simpsonville which is in Greenville County. There is a shop about a mile from us that handles NFA items called Upstate Armory Group. Jason the owner is very knowledgeable on these matters. We'll all help you any way we can.
You can get a lot with a smile. But you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun. (Al Capone)
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

My neighbor in Simpsonville had a F/A Uzi he did on a form 4. Of course that was 40 years ago :).
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Clicker

Post by Clicker »

Very few places in SC where you'd have difficulty obtaining a signature.
I have had forms signed in less than 9 minutes by my local CLEO, that's round trip time from the car to the chiefs office and back to the car again.