Looking for a mystic (not an X)

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Looking for a mystic (not an X)

Post by rcn11thacr »

Anyone know of a place that still has the Mystic for sale? Any of them running a special deal? I've got a friend that has seen mine in action and he wants to buy one as his first can. Any help is much appreciated.
Blackhorse Scout
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for a mystic (not an X)

Post by samson7x »

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

how does the process work buying off gunbroker ?? :?:
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

ericdraven wrote:how does the process work buying off gunbroker ?? :?:
You bid/buy it if you win you pay for it. I'm assuming it's on a form 3, so it would transfer tax free tk a dealer of your choice if it's out of state. It's simple
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Chuck88

Post by Chuck88 »

Why would your friend NOT want the "X"? Essentially it's the same can, only the Mystic X is two ounces lighter and rated for more calibers. I can't see any logical reason why someone would prefer the standard Mystic over the Mystic X.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Chuck88 wrote:Why would your friend NOT want the "X"? Essentially it's the same can, only the Mystic X is two ounces lighter and rated for more calibers. I can't see any logical reason why someone would prefer the standard Mystic over the Mystic X.
Agreed....unless the buyer is assuming that since a newer model is available that an SOT will be practically giving away the cans.....in the silencer industry that doesn't happen though.
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

Chuck is correct. He is a complete newbie and feels he will get a better deal with the old model. I've seen the prices drop off on it (somewhat) and for him it will do all that he wants. I'd bet it will be his only can, i doubt he will have the funds to get into these type of items on a regular basis like we do.
Blackhorse Scout