Ar15 mid length with AAC sr7 silencer issues ? New to silencers

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

dixieandbacon

Ar15 mid length with AAC sr7 silencer issues ? New to silencers

Post by dixieandbacon »

I have a drd tactical cdr 5.56 brand new that I haven't fired before. I put the sr7 on it yesterday and fired it for the first time . I had a couple stove pipes and the rounds were barely falling out . I was shooting some cheap Tula brass max 223 so I figured that might be the issue . Tried it again today with other ammo American eagle and ppu and some more Tula brass 223 . I didn't have any stove pipes but I was getting forward 1 to 2 o'clock ejection . This is my first silencer that I have owned or used. Is this normal with a silencer running a mid length gas system ? Do I have to change the buffer or something to make it run with the silencer ?
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Ar15 mid length with AAC sr7 silencer issues ? New to silencers

Post by chrismartin »

It sounds like it's over gassed.
You can try a heavier buffer to see if it helps, however, if it is over gassed, an adjustable gas block or other gas limiting system (WAR receiver, etc) would be needed.

After tuning my last two adjustable gas blocks, it makes things run pretty damn smooth. Reduced recoil, reduced gas, etc.
I'm running the SLR rifleworks adjustable gas block on a 5.56 rifle and a 7.62 rifle with a lot of success.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ar15 mid length with AAC sr7 silencer issues ? New to silencers

Post by jt526 »

How does it run without the silencer using that same ammo? I'd try some full power 5.56 stuff and start knocking down variables.

I've got a microMOA that on low setting (cutting the gas down) does the same with weak ammo like wolf or silver bear and a surefire mini (undergassed) that I need to bump to a higher port, but is smooth as hell with m193/855. Big fan of the govnah gas block.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.