White Sparrow

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

White Sparrow

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Anybody know where I can find one? Havent had much luck finding them listed on a dealers site. I refuse to buy from gamaliel which just so happens to be about the only dealer who lists one on their site. Silencer Shop isnt allowed to order them.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Re: White Sparrow

Post by OJB4 »

1slow01Z71 wrote:Anybody know where I can find one? Havent had much luck finding them listed on a dealers site. I refuse to buy from gamaliel which just so happens to be about the only dealer who lists one on their site. Silencer Shop isnt allowed to order them.

A while back I asked my dealer about a stainless Sparrow and he said they didn't make one. That was a while back however....not sure when. Did something change?
I've gotta stop this habit.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Yes they make one. Its essentially bare stainless with a clearcoat. Its not actually white, the white theyre talking about is the raw machine finish. It is only available through dealers who deal with Acusport wholesalers. Unfortunately Silco has chosen to align themselves with a terrible wholesaler that many SOTs refuse to patrionize therefore it seems theyre hard to get ahold of. The one dealer I can find through a google srarch also happens to be the one dealer I refuse to do business with.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

the POWPOW now goes powpow
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

I saw one in an lgs the other day. Felt like I was staring at a unicorn. I didn't ask how much because that would have led to a purchase...

It was at Nexus Shooting in Davie, FL.
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

I just saw one today at my dealer, Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, Ohio. It's just north of Columbus and hey you never know they may be willing to sell it to you and form 3 it to your dealer.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Silenced America doesnt have any. Really hoping to find one in Texas to avoid the form 3.
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

that's funny, i found a white sparrow at a shop in Dallas. first time i've seen it in person, i'd buy it if eForms was still up.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Well if you decide you dont want it give me their contact info. I dont care if its paprr formed. Ive got enough other cans to hold me over, I just want that particular one.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Ok, what is the obsession with the silver one VS bead basting the black or coating one silver?
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Emilio wrote:Ok, what is the obsession with the silver one VS bead basting the black or coating one silver?

Emelio,

I'm guessing you aren't into fancy watches, waxing your sports car or have a closet full of Italian suits. And in your school days you probably didn't buy jeans from Abercrombie that cost 3-6x as much as Levi's.

Some people like eye candy, some like function. Some people like glitz and glamor, some people couldn't care less. Few lovers of eye candy partake in DIY projects.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

wacki wrote:
Emilio wrote:Ok, what is the obsession with the silver one VS bead basting the black or coating one silver?

Emelio,

I'm guessing you aren't into fancy watches, waxing your sports car or have a closet full of Italian suits. And in your school days you probably didn't buy jeans from Abercrombie that cost 3-6x as much as Levi's.

Some people like eye candy, some like function. Some people like glitz and glamor, some people couldn't care less. Few lovers of eye candy partake in DIY projects.
Maybe he has a silver gun to match. Just stating that its easy to make a Sparrow silver and look stock.

You guessed wrong, I have those things but am careful where to park and the appropriate places to wear fine items but like firearms, I'm more relaxed in Levi's and a big ass 4x4 pickup . :mrgreen: ( more useful things) :D
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

We have 5 or 6 of them at the shop I work at. Just came in Monday.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Ivr already got a regular sparrow and a warlock. I like the sparrows and am gping to buy another one. For 50 bucks more I might as well get one that looks cool and is different than my current one.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Glad to know they're available. My dealer said they didn't make them in that color, but that was about a year or more ago I think. They look nice, but now that I'm up to 5 .22 cans I think I'll hold off.
I've gotta stop this habit.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Bump an old thread, there's a LGS here in GA that had a couple on their shelf. They were asking $100 LESS for the White Sparrow ($299) than the standard black models ($399).
It makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint that they'd be cheaper to make. I guess people haven't bought into the 'Limited Edition' aspect of it.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Yeah I think Cherokee Gun has them for 299.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Fulliautomatix wrote:Bump an old thread, there's a LGS here in GA that had a couple on their shelf. They were asking $100 LESS for the White Sparrow ($299) than the standard black models ($399).
It makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint that they'd be cheaper to make. I guess people haven't bought into the 'Limited Edition' aspect of it.
And who might that be?
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Cherokee Gun & Pawn.
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

We're in Texas and have half a dozen or so of the White Sparrows if you're still interested. It's a nice looking can.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Killerapplesauce »

Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Why OMG lol?
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Fulliautomatix wrote:Why OMG lol?
Price I assume...
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Could be. With the exception of CG&P, $400 seems to be going rate for it give or take a little.
I see them on auction sites asking $499
SilencerShop - $395
Capitol Armory - $405
Impact Guns - $449
Copper Customs - $409
Gamaliel - $450
Elk County Ammo & Arms - $500 (now we're getting into LOL territory)
Europtic - $524
Shooter's Express - $579 (full LOL)

It would seem to me that CG&P is leaving money on the table, but I don't think anyone is going to complain. :D
HansohnBrothers

Post by HansohnBrothers »

The white Sparrow is a nice looking can! I have 'em at $395.
Hansohn Brothers, LLC
Culpeper, VA
www.HansohnBrothers.com
540-748-8155