Solvent traps/adapters crackdown

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Solvent traps/adapters crackdown

Post by doubloon »

GTFord1 wrote:... He's also posted on various gun forums under different names linking to his site, trying to make it look like he's just "putting good information out there to help people."

Shyster.
Which user names on which boards?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

rimshaker wrote:But again, what part of "...customers are reporting being contacted by local ATF agents to collect the parts they purchased." are you guys not taking seriously?
The part where he provides no actual examples of this, and none of us have heard it from any other source?
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
GTFord1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTFord1 »

doubloon wrote:
GTFord1 wrote:... He's also posted on various gun forums under different names linking to his site, trying to make it look like he's just "putting good information out there to help people."

Shyster.
Which user names on which boards?
I'm not going through the hassle of digging up old s--t. I remember him from 4 to 5 years ago when I first got into this kind of thing. Back when I was actively into buying suppressors he was popping up here, on Glocktalk, AR15.com, and others. He was usually met with disdain because it was incredibly obvious he was trying to scare people into buying his trusts.

Here's an example from 2010 in this very forum. This is how I recall most conversations people had with him went.

viewtopic.php?t=50847&start=50

If you think his #1 priority isn't selling you his services by saying nonsensical s--t like your suppressors are going to be taken away if you don't get your paperwork done by a lawyer (while linking to his website,) I have a bridge in swamp land to sell you.

I haven't been following the suppressor world in some time, but it's not surprising he's still around.

As for me, I'm about to move to a state where they're not legal and I have to leave them behind. Groan. I'll still be back to visit them from time to time. :D
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

sorry but anyone trying to convince me of the whole solvent trap that is plain retarded.i don't think those thread adapters are used for anything but suppressors. its like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool. why do they need to made so well if they are not used for high pressures?
glocker17
Silent But Deadly

Post by glocker17 »

They are no different than every fixed barrel adapter made by many different companies. They are still not a controlled item. They fact that they might be used illegally makes no difference.