Opinions on Warlock II .22 and GA Reece 5 5.56

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JetNoise

Opinions on Warlock II .22 and GA Reece 5 5.56

Post by JetNoise »

Trying to narrow down my choices.
Without preloading the question with my criteria does anyone have any feedback on these two cans.
Has anyone had their hands on the new Sig suppressors at SHOT that can provide feedback?
Conqueror
Elite Member

Re: Opinions on Warlock II .22 and GA Reece 5 5.56

Post by Conqueror »

Warlock II: solid, but aluminum .22 cans suck in general
GA Reece: Never heard of them. That should tell you something if they have been around a while.
Sig: None of these are in the wild yet. Their .22 can metered loudly compared to the competition when tested by SilencerShop, though their test rig does not meet perfect milspec parameters.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
JetNoise

Post by JetNoise »

Conqueror wrote:Warlock II: solid, but aluminum .22 cans suck in general
GA Reece: Never heard of them. That should tell you something if they have been around a while.
Sig: None of these are in the wild yet. Their .22 can metered loudly compared to the competition when tested by SilencerShop, though their test rig does not meet perfect milspec parameters.
GA= Griffin Armament Recce 5, Silencer Shop says 127db,
Might go for the Spectre II.
Silencer Shop say's months before SiG ships and at SHOT show it was supposed to ship around this time so they might be having issues.
Either way I want a rim fire and center fire can before June incase ATF gets their way.
JetNoise

Post by JetNoise »

My first can is ordered
Spectre II from Silencer Shop
Thanks for the feedback.
I had two post because I didnt see the first one show for a few days since I was a new member.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Spectre II is a great choice, you will be happy.
dullh

Post by dullh »

I have both the Spectre II and the Warlock II.

Get the Spectre II.
JetNoise

Post by JetNoise »

dullh wrote:I have both the Spectre II and the Warlock II.

Get the Spectre II.
This reassures my decision
Thanks
Thwik

Post by Thwik »

How come?
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

JetNoise wrote:My first can is ordered
Spectre II from Silencer Shop
Thanks for the feedback.
I had two post because I didnt see the first one show for a few days since I was a new member.
You did the right thing.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Thwik wrote:

How come?
Cleaning, which will be done often with 22lr.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Yes. .22LR cans require cleaning fairly frequently. There are like 5 ways to do it, but most of them will damage aluminum.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

I've shot the Recce 556. It was very loud. Louder than the Sco K models by a lot. 1st can that I never wanted to shoot again. GA has a lot of great cans, this isn't one of them
JetNoise

Post by JetNoise »

jdasilva wrote:I've shot the Recce 556. It was very loud. Louder than the Sco K models by a lot. 1st can that I never wanted to shoot again. GA has a lot of great cans, this isn't one of them
That is quite the opposite from what the Silencer Shop said. I was ready to pull the trigger on one but now I think I will reconsider.
What host was the Recce 556 attached to?
Mine will be a 16" AR
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

JetNoise wrote:
jdasilva wrote:I've shot the Recce 556. It was very loud. Louder than the Sco K models by a lot. 1st can that I never wanted to shoot again. GA has a lot of great cans, this isn't one of them
That is quite the opposite from what the Silencer Shop said. I was ready to pull the trigger on one but now I think I will reconsider.
Mine will be a 16" AR
Yes, reconsider. For one, get a 308 can for less blowback and Way more uses, THEN look at the Specwar, Saker, OR new Rugged that is from the same designer. (Who deserves the support after being totally screwed by Silencerco) All have no BS warranty and good cans. ME? I would get the Rugged because Silencerco went big corp BS like AAC. :mrgreen:
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Definitely get a 308 can. The few ounces more that they weigh pales in comparison to how much cleaner they run.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Well I'm waiting on a Warlock II and a Recce 5 so I'll let you know in a couple months...
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

JetNoise wrote:
Mine will be a 16" AR

It was this one in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dCF-5ZT5s
JetNoise

Post by JetNoise »

I believe that was the one
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I chose the Tac Sol Axiom over the Spectre II.

Axiom: Titanium Baffles (6oz)
Spectre II: Stainless Baffles (6.8oz)

Both same dimensions, and roughly the same price (Axiom Cheaper). Similar construction. Similar suppression.

Titanium cleans up as well (easy) as stainless, but an ounce is an ounce on a 22 pistol.

Tactical Solutions is not as big of a name as SiCo/SWR in suppression, but they are THE authority on rimfire pistol and rifle upgrades.

JW
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

JeffWard wrote:I chose the Tac Sol Axiom over the Spectre II.

Axiom: Titanium Baffles (6oz)
Spectre II: Stainless Baffles (6.8oz)

Both same dimensions, and roughly the same price (Axiom Cheaper). Similar construction. Similar suppression.

Titanium cleans up as well (easy) as stainless, but an ounce is an ounce on a 22 pistol.

Tactical Solutions is not as big of a name as SiCo/SWR in suppression, but they are THE authority on rimfire pistol and rifle upgrades.

JW

congrats, i've heard its a good can. k baffles plus a split tube. I think they should've made it clamshells instead for easier cleaning tho. I've never purchased anything from tac sol. I'm interested in their sbx takedown barrel. I get my rimfire stuff from KIDD but they're pretty exclusive to the 10/22
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Conqueror wrote:Yes. .22LR cans require cleaning fairly frequently. There are like 5 ways to do it, but most of them will damage aluminum.
I have a Warlock II. Cleaning has a recommended cleaning time between intervals of 800-1,000 rounds. I have approx. 600 rounds on mine. Took it apart and looked about like it did at 200 rounds. Put it back together and will check again in another 4-500 rounds.