Advice for Suppressing AR-10 and 15 with one suppressor?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

sharlan123

Advice for Suppressing AR-10 and 15 with one suppressor?

Post by sharlan123 »

Hey everyone! I'm new to the world of suppressors. I'm currently on my second AR-15 and I want to find a good suppressor for it, but I know I will be building an AR-10 next and would like to save money if possible on multiple suppressors, etc. So that brings me here.... Being that AAC seems to have the easiest mounting/unmounting available out there thanks to their own line of muzzle devices, I'm assuming it would be easiest to start here. So here are a few questions for you all.

1) I've heard 7.62 suppressors work decently on 5.56. Is this true? making this a worthwhile endeavor.
2) If I were to buy a 7.62 suppressor from AAC, will it only mount to 7.62 muzzle devices by them or are the external threads the same size on all their devices?
3) If the mounting threads are different sizes for the different sized suppressors would I be able to put a 7.62 comp on my ar-15?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Re: Advice for Suppressing AR-10 and 15 with one suppressor?

Post by RJT »

7.62 suppressors suppress 5.56 better than a 5.56 suppressor in many cases.

AAC 5.56 muzzle devices will accept AAC 7.62 suppressors, as long as the are the same "series"(51T, 90T, etc).
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Re: Advice for Suppressing AR-10 and 15 with one suppressor?

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Specwar 7.62

The best choice I ever made. It is a bit on the heavy side but, it does what you need to get done. Also it built like a tank, so you don't feel bad getting it "lightly bang up".

I run it on my stag-arms 1L and my savage model 10 lefty. It great for my 5.56 and the 308 is very pleasant to shoot.