51T Concussion Reduction Device like the FERFRANS CRD

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Conqueror
Elite Member

Re: 51T Concussion Reduction Device like the FERFRANS CRD

Post by Conqueror »

JasonM wrote:You (AAC) should really really move to making the latch pin a threaded hex screw to make the latch user-replaceable (and easier for the factory to replace). there are SO MANY bad latches out there, and more and more continue to be put out that this would help a lot of people.
My understanding was that the Freedom Group corporate idiots decided the latches are "silencer parts"and therefore cannot be sold due to ATF regulations, not because of any difficulty with user replacement. Same is true for 18T springs, which do wear out, and which used to be sold separately for home replacement but no longer.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Chris2000XJ

Post by Chris2000XJ »

Conqueror wrote:
JasonM wrote:You (AAC) should really really move to making the latch pin a threaded hex screw to make the latch user-replaceable (and easier for the factory to replace). there are SO MANY bad latches out there, and more and more continue to be put out that this would help a lot of people.
My understanding was that the Freedom Group corporate idiots decided the latches are "silencer parts"and therefore cannot be sold due to ATF regulations, not because of any difficulty with user replacement. Same is true for 18T springs, which do wear out, and which used to be sold separately for home replacement but no longer.
Definitely not the case anymore, at least for 51t devices. The blast diverter is not a silencer and therefor components of it are not silencer parts. They just happened to have parts in common with each other.
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

First, it wasn't fgi, you meant atf. They ruled the 18t springs and 51t latches were silencer parts. With the release of the blast shield, they are not going to be silencer only parts. However, you still cannot physically change the latch yourself. If you think you can, you'll probably ruin the can and have to send it back to us anyway.
Nick
Customer service at Advanced Armament Corporation
[email protected]
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Conqueror wrote:
It was the ATF.

and like Nick said, since there is now a non-silencer (blast shield), the latches are not "silencer parts" now... ATF Logic...
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

NickAAC wrote:great points, but I want to add one thing, I've worn out a lot more ratchets than I have latches on silencers. I had to rebuild my snap on ratchets once every couple months or so. With that being said, snap on does make the highest quality tools on the market.

And I've seen matco ratchets go down even more frequently.

Also, there are more teeth in a ratchet, and only two teeth in the silencer latch, that contacts all of the teeth on the mount a large number of times, compared to the number of times teeth in a ratchet contact each other in the same number of revolutions. Not to mention the design is drastically different in many other ways.
That would be a fair comparison if ratchet handles cost hundreds of dollars plus $200 in extra tax plus took 6-9 months to ship to you...

;)
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

NickAAC wrote:First, it wasn't fgi, you meant atf. They ruled the 18t springs and 51t latches were silencer parts. With the release of the blast shield, they are not going to be silencer only parts. However, you still cannot physically change the latch yourself. If you think you can, you'll probably ruin the can and have to send it back to us anyway.
I asked this before and was told by AAC personnel that it was an FGI decision. That ATF had never actually opined on the latches or springs, but FGI's legal people just decided to put a stop to it anyway in case. It may be moot for 51T users who don't have a plunge EDM machine, but those of us who still have 18T cans would sure like to be able to replace the springs. My manual even shows how.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

According to the people who have been here for a lot longer that me, it was the atf. Either way, we like to look at the 18t cans now and make sure they are in spec and not worn out when we replace the springs.
Nick
[email protected]
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Ok, so any news on the original question of when these are hitting the market? And while i'm asking, is the HoneyBadger still gonna be released, or has it been cut?
It's always the quiet guy in the room...with a suppressor.
schen8

Post by schen8 »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:Ok, so any news on the original question of when these are hitting the market?
^^This, curious to know if the Blast Shield is ready soon, Q2 is running out...
Blueknight749

Post by Blueknight749 »

I'm in for one (51T) as well!!
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

I'll work on getting a specific update for you guys, but the move took more time and slowed this project down more than we anticipated. It is now moving along though, but I'll try and get a solid date soon.
Nick
[email protected]
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

And I have no information on the hb at this time.
Nick
[email protected]
schen8

Post by schen8 »

NickAAC wrote:I'll work on getting a specific update for you guys, but the move took more time and slowed this project down more than we anticipated. It is now moving along though, but I'll try and get a solid date soon.
Much appreciated Nick!
Really looking forward to getting a few of these for my rifles :)
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator

NickAAC wrote:And I have no information on the hb at this time.
No news is kinda good news!
schen8

Post by schen8 »

schen8 wrote:
NickAAC wrote:I'll work on getting a specific update for you guys, but the move took more time and slowed this project down more than we anticipated. It is now moving along though, but I'll try and get a solid date soon.
Much appreciated Nick!
Really looking forward to getting a few of these for my rifles :)
Nick,
It's been a month since we last heard from you. I know there have been some "teething pains" with the move.
Any updates on the Blast Shield?
Get-to-tha-choppa
Silent Operator

Post by Get-to-tha-choppa »

Checking back for an update, any news to share?
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator

Get-to-tha-choppa wrote:Checking back for an update, any news to share?
I'm done holding my breath for this...a ton of probs with AAC since the move was announced...nobody knows when they will even be organized enough to start shipping inventory they have already produced, especially regarding their DAMN THE MAN rebates...no news on honeybadger, no news on the blast shield, no news on when things will be back to normal at all...
I retract my previous statement...i would now clearly state (in this instance) that no news is bad news...
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

Sorry guys, it's been crazy lately. We are moving forward with the Blastout quickly now, it was kind of shelved for a while during the issues resulting from the move. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not going to quote a date, one day it will just be available. When that happens I will post here.
Nick
[email protected]
timmy!!!!!!!

Post by timmy!!!!!!! »

I need this for my 10.5 while I wait for my SDN-6 to clear from Silent Industries.
AustinMTG

Post by AustinMTG »

Hi folks, any update on these badboys???
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator

Nope...
dbwebbsr
Silent Operator

Post by dbwebbsr »

So where are we on this project?
Damon

"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives." -- John Adams

rgb03
Silent Operator

Post by rgb03 »

--------
Ecirp

Post by Ecirp »

I would really like these AAC devices to come out. I think that they would make a great "base" from which to build a Form 1 from (especially for those of us invested in 51T mounts).
schen8

Post by schen8 »

Still waiting... :|