Flaw in my Osprey 45 or was there a revision?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Flaw in my Osprey 45 or was there a revision?

Post by Joker31D »

I just picked up my Osprey 45 and noticed something, my main body on the Osprey does not have the Logo stamped/Milled in the side. Is this a change or did I get the only Flawed Body I have ever heard of?... Figures it would be mine if it is a flaw, I waited 13 months after my dealer overcharged me by $300.
I probably looked at 150 of them online and they all had the logo, Did I find the Golden Ticket?
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Re: Flaw in my Osprey 45 or was there a revision?

Post by Joker31D »

anyone, anyone? I know its a holiday in utah but man...nobody bought one recently?

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

Joker31D wrote:I just picked up my Osprey 45 and noticed something, my main body on the Osprey does not have the Logo stamped/Milled in the side. Is this a change or did I get the only Flawed Body I have ever heard of?... Figures it would be mine if it is a flaw, I waited 13 months after my dealer overcharged me by $300.
I probably looked at 150 of them online and they all had the logo, Did I find the Golden Ticket?
Pictures would help,, But are you saying there is nothing on the outside?? serial?? manufacture?? address??
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

Hopefully I did it right, but the SN, and all the info underneath is there as well as the one on the endcap but no Logo on the sides.
I called on Friday but it was a State Holiday, so they were closed, on Thursday I called (Before I figured this out) about getting the right piston and they were awesome and walked me through what I needed, I also learned I overpaid by $300 because my Dealer is a scumbag. (Fixing that with changing dealer to a forum members shop instead)

Here is a picture of the logo I wish was there, and have yet to see one without, like mine:

Of course I bought mine before they had the Cerakote option available also but figured I'd color fill the Silencerco logo to match the fill on my HK but then I saw it, no logo! I actually like the logo, its tasteful and well thought out, usually I don't like logos but this one is the exception.

Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Mine looks just like yours, no logo.
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I wonder when they changed? or if its a random thing...hmm I'll call on Monday about it.

AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

My guess is they're trying to bury the SWR brand...
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

My Osprey was rebuilt by SiCo, they replaced the tube. I looked at some pics, the original tube had the logo but the new tube does not.
Jstam

Post by Jstam »

We apologize for the confusion, About 3 years ago we decided to remove the Logo from the side of the tube. We found that by engraving the side it may become a potential weak spot on the tube. To avoid any future issues we removed it from the side and placed the serial information on the underside of the booster assembly.

Please feel free to email [email protected] should you have any further questions.

Best Regards
Jacob Stam
Customer Service Manager
Silencerco
Jacob Stam
Customer Service Manager
Silencerco
[email protected]
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

Thank you for the reply, its another reason I buy SCO products, just blew another grand a while back on a saker762 so I really appreciate the service you guys give your customers. Any idea if it will mess with my warranty to have it CeraKoted?

Jstam

Post by Jstam »

You are very welcome. Cerakoting will not affect your warranty however, we would no longer be able to warranty the finish of the suppressor. Everything else will be good to go.

Best Regards,
Jacob Stam
Customer Service Manager
Silencerco
[email protected]
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

AlabamaPaul wrote:My guess is they're trying to bury the SWR brand...
The Osprey was never an SWR product.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I think Sco's strategy from the beginning was to make all of their cans look like the Osprey but it changed when they changed their philosophy to bring things to the mainstream. I love the design, its very distinct and stylish unlike the black dookie log hanging off the barrel look everyone else has. its why I bought it over the others and why I'm going to get a salvo. waiting on the osprey look 22 can but pretty sure that will never happen. Would love to see a Click together baffle that looks like the Osprey.

MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I prefer the appearance of the Osprey over round cans too. I even put a squashed chicken on my 1911 to match the SCo logo.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

My Osprey doesn't have the logo :( or I would have it done on my Springfield TRP Operator (Full Rail Military Contract, 1st Run) I am kinda wishing I would have bought an older one with the logo, even though it is weaker. You would expect them to move the logo to the solid portion of the can where it wouldn't matter. Or it makes it weaker is code for, it costs more money so we stopped :wink: I almost want to have it CeraKoted on the side of the can. or at least sharpie it on there. I was thinking of taking out every other serration on my slide to match the wide serrations on the Osprey.

On a side note my dog freaked out and I grabbed the only pistol available at the time, my TRP with the can on it and an older M3 light, damn that thing is heavy when you try to clear a house, maybe its me getting old or I'm used to my 9mm Sig with a lighter can from my Military past. Kept thinking, this damn light is going to get me shot in the face, need NVG's but they are in the truck...damn it, why are they in the truck... funny what goes through your mind when your doing something as routine as clearing a building. BTW I'm not crazy, found a Cat in my house, not sure how it got in but a damn cat got in my house. My dog never freaks out, he's a very highly trained Service Dog and is very sedate, he started as a washout from Lackland, he washed out because he wouldnt attack and his handler couldnt get him to indicate the way he wanted for drugs, but he does indicate for me, he lays down to indicate, he did it to my buddy who has a Pot card when I picked him up at the airport, he still reeked of weed and the dog hit on it.

strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I hate logos/white lettering/lawyer letters on stuff. I called them 3 years ago and asked if I could get one w/o a logo. SC said it would be a 1 1/2 years. I guess I can order one now.

Your can is pretty. :)
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I like the logo because it looks nice, if it said Silencerco on the side with big lettering, I wouldn't buy it. That logo is cool looking. I carried plain stuff for years that didnt have logos or lettering on it in the Military, now I want cool looking stuff. I was fortunate enough to serve in a unit that gave me a card with a 10,000 limit and told me to call if I needed more when I was outfitting my Team. Now I have my own money, I need to remember I'm paying now. No more buying $600 pairs of boots and throat mics that cost $1000. It all surplus stuff and cast offs from ex team members now.

I did hook up with a buddy in South America last year and hunted Boar from a Helo with belt feds, was fun! he's better equipped than the army down there. He owns a resort and has his own wildlife area so he gets to have good stuff, like an uparmored HMMWV and a Helo thats armed. He is the only one I trust down there to send my family to without me because they had a 10 person PSD team from the Airport to the resort grounds. I'm the Dad who puts level II soft armor in their backpacks and has sent them to the "Family" Course at Ft Bragg. to say the least I'm protective.