My Suppressor is STUCK (In ATF/SOT hell)! How do I save it?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

My Suppressor is STUCK (In ATF/SOT hell)! How do I save it?

Post by JeffWard »

I bought a suppressor from SilencerShop back MONTHS ago. The Form 3 came in June 15th, and SS sent it to my SOT. I assume it arrived June 17-19.

My SOT is CLAIMING that ATF screwed up with his renewal... and that he's WAITING for ATF to clear it up. Mean while... my suppressor has been sitting in his safe since June 19th, with NO FORM 4 sent. He has my signed Form 4, and a check for $200.

I called ATF, and they can't give me any info on his SOT status, but the Form 4 has NOT be received. ATF stated that even IF I have another SOT that my current SOT CANNOT transfer (Form 3) it to them until his issues have cleared up...

What the F do I do???

JeffWard
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Re: My Suppressor is STUCK (In ATF/SOT hell)! How do I save it?

Post by RJT »

Get with Silencer Shop, and see what they can do. Maybe transfer another can to another dealer with a a valid SOT, or through one of their Direct dealers. Other than that, I think you're gonna be in limbo, until he gets his renewal taken care of.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

I get my check back and start over..
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

It wouldn't matter if it were a problem with his SOT. It is a PAID transfer out.

Is there an issue with his FFL?

If he is an individual FFL and his license is expired, it is in his name and it is a PAID transfer out.

If he is a Corp FFL, well ... there might be issues.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

It's not a paid xfer if sent to another SOT dealer via F3. But regardless, the dealer can't even do that now, due to his renewal problems.

Who knows how long his renewal problems will get resolved, if ever. Cancel that signed F4 and $200 check if you can. Start over again with another dealer in good standing.
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

rimshaker wrote:It's not a paid xfer if sent to another SOT dealer via F3. But regardless, the dealer can't even do that now, due to his renewal problems.

Who knows how long his renewal problems will get resolved, if ever. Cancel that signed F4 and $200 check if you can. Start over again with another dealer in good standing.

What I'm trying to say is we need more info where the problem is with his dealer.

Is it with the FFL? Then what kind of FFL is it, personal or corporate. If personal, then can do the F4.

Is it with the SOT? If it is it doesn't matter, they can do the F4.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
Baboon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baboon »

After this I'd find another dealer unless he really takes care of you. And at the most what's he going to do, wave your transfer fee he charges.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.