Radical Firearms 5.56

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Tanner

Radical Firearms 5.56

Post by Tanner »

Anyone got an info on this can from radical firearms?
http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/rf556supp.htm
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Re: Radical Firearms 5.56

Post by JeffWard »

The $200 tax stamp is the same price for any can.
Suppressors are a lifetime investment.
If the company that makes your can goes south, you're SOL if your can does likewise.

Your money is your money, but I'd spend mine on an established brand name can with a reputation, and "legs".

I paid $880 for a SilencerCo Omega. New tech, super light, not cheap... by SiCo is in the game for the long haul.

You MAY get a great can for cheap. You may get an inferior can that you'll regret.

JW
c5_nc
Silent But Deadly

Post by c5_nc »

Saw where a new barrel came off from the extension a week or so ago, years after it has been known you should not melonite the barrel and extension assembled. I wouldn't be too confident in suppressors from them.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Wow. There seems to be practically no information available about that thing. The maker just shows different views of the outside, not any mention of baffle type or even of decibel reduction testing. No way in hell I'd consider throwing money at that without real information. They talk about 'saving money' and 'not breaking the bank' but spending hundreds of dollars on a thing about which there is zero information isn't saving money, it's being an idiot.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Jeff. Ive got a specwar 762 on the way but im kinda suspicious of a 556 can being that cheap.

c5_nc. You got a link to that? i wouldnt mind reading up on that.

a_canadian. Ya the low price and not much info on it is whats got me worried about it. I like to see baffles and what metals its made of. The info on that can is lacking to say the least.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Try the Specwar 762 on a 5.56 rifle before you think about buying a 5.56 specific can. Yoo'll probably realize you don't need one. I know mine is absurdly quiet with the only real sound being action noise and supersonic crack when shooting 5.56.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Baboon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baboon »

I see they are now a sponsor. I went into their store front a month or so back. I had heard they build rifles, but no mention of cans. Clerck was helpful in advising me on a mount for my LMT M203 Stand Alone.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

YugoRPK wrote:Try the Specwar 762 on a 5.56 rifle before you think about buying a 5.56 specific can. Yoo'll probably realize you don't need one. I know mine is absurdly quiet with the only real sound being action noise and supersonic crack when shooting 5.56.
i planned on it but was looking at a 556 can for someone else.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

JeffWard wrote:The $200 tax stamp is the same price for any can.
Suppressors are a lifetime investment.
If the company that makes your can goes south, you're SOL if your can does likewise.

Your money is your money, but I'd spend mine on an established brand name can with a reputation, and "legs".

I paid $880 for a SilencerCo Omega. New tech, super light, not cheap... by SiCo is in the game for the long haul.

You MAY get a great can for cheap. You may get an inferior can that you'll regret.

JW
Wow...that's almost 200 bucks cheaper than what I paid for mine. Guess I need to start price shopping for future purchases. Oh well, not gonna cry over lost money.
I've gotta stop this habit.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

c5_nc wrote:Saw where a new barrel came off from the extension a week or so ago, years after it has been known you should not melonite the barrel and extension assembled. I wouldn't be too confident in suppressors from them.
Thats a new one for me, I have done all mine and never and issue with any of them.
c5_nc
Silent But Deadly

Post by c5_nc »

Bendersquint wrote:
c5_nc wrote:Saw where a new barrel came off from the extension a week or so ago, years after it has been known you should not melonite the barrel and extension assembled. I wouldn't be too confident in suppressors from them.
Thats a new one for me, I have done all mine and never and issue with any of them.
Someone had posted another Radical barrel that came off the extension yesterday on another forum. There had been a rash of Melonited barrels coming off the extensions, my understanding is the treatment requires a temperature of 1100 degrees. Radical is claiming they are now loosing the extensions for the melonite process, after it is done the retorque them, on the current production ones.
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

c5_nc wrote:Radical is claiming they are now loosing the extensions for the melonite process, after it is done the retorque them, on the current production ones.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the locating pin should be preventing all of this if they actually install it correctly.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

the locating pin keeps the extension from moving. If the barrel isnt properly torqued into the extension the barrel could move in the extension. Ive got a couple of their barrels and never had an issue. One is an 8 1/2" SBR 300 blk and its probably the best shooting most reliable barrel for an AR-15 Ive got.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter