Need some help on a stuck suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Need some help on a stuck suppressor

Post by Michael Black 47 »

I've enjoyed my specwar 7.62 for the longs time now, but I've have seem to run into a problem. I have mounts on my 556,308, and my mosin. The mosin had a specwar comp on it and everything was going well. Sounds like a 22 :) made a lot of people at the range jaw drop. As I was taking it off the mount came off with the suppressor stuck in side.

How do i remove the host from the suppressor. So far I have tried a torch and some WD-40 to no avail. Need some help if anyone has had this problem before.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need some help on a stuck suppressor

Post by RJT »

Put the mount in a vise on the wrench flats, and use a strap wrench to remove the suppressor.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Oldfatguy

Post by Oldfatguy »

Had my Trifecta brake unscrew from the 300BLK With the Saker. Wrench on the flats got it unscrewed.

The can & mount seem to stick if I wait for them to completely cool before removal. Last time it was sticky, a smack with a wooden mallet broke them loose.

OFG
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

I appreciate the help from both of you are RJT and old fat guy. It seems like this is only place where I can get competent information that sounds coherent. I guess I have to take it to my Smith and get the job done there as well. Also I was wondering has anyone else done a suppressed Mosin on this site or am I the first one here?
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Michael Black 47 wrote:I appreciate the help from both of you are RJT and old fat guy. It seems like this is only place where I can get competent information that sounds coherent. I guess I have to take it to my Smith and get the job done there as well. Also I was wondering has anyone else done a suppressed Mosin on this site or am I the first one here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVA-dCLfTsY

my suppressed mosin is my favorite gun. have several videos up shooting it
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

jdasilva wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:I appreciate the help from both of you are RJT and old fat guy. It seems like this is only place where I can get competent information that sounds coherent. I guess I have to take it to my Smith and get the job done there as well. Also I was wondering has anyone else done a suppressed Mosin on this site or am I the first one here?

I didn't know you was on here. Big props to you for the idea for mines.

Made heads turn when i started to shoot.

#QuietMosin
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Michael Black 47 wrote:
jdasilva wrote:

I didn't know you was on here. Big props to you for the idea for mines.

Made heads turn when i started to shoot.

#QuietMosin

I'm glad that you're digging it, everybody needs a lil #quietmosin in their life
Mageever
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mageever »

Crap. Another project to put on the list. 8)
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

well good news it came out with out a fight and finally mounted it properly. Thanks for the help guys. Also i got the end cap on the octane off with a some good carbon breaker. so now the next deal is what solution do you use to break up the carbon that have the baffles stuck in the octane.

This part to of my saga :)

I've been told mineral oil, what is your method of doing it. also I know that I need a wood piece to knock it out after the stuff sets in.