Element 2 question

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

JPB

Element 2 question

Post by JPB »

Hey folks, I just brought home an Element 2. Playing with it a little it, I noticed that I was ale to unscrew the back cap with very little effort (just like my Spectre II). The threads had what appeared to be anti seize on them. Reading the manual that came with it, it appears that the back cap is supposed to be a permanent fixture and baffle removal is facilitated through front cap removal. Is the manual in need of updating or do I have a bigger problem. The thing seems to assemble/disassemble just like most .22 cans with both front and rear caps being removable.

I guess I was just wondering if any of you had similar experiences with the Element 2. The thing is wicked quiet BTW. Thanks.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Element 2 question

Post by cyclone72 »

Have you tried to contact AAC?
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Mine did the same thing straight out of the box, and AAC said they would Rocksett it properly, if I sent it in. I've got close to 3k through mine, with no issues. One of these days, I'll Rocksett it myself.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
JPB

Post by JPB »

cyclone72 wrote:Have you tried to contact AAC?
No, this is kind of my sorry attempt at talking to an AAC rep.
RJT wrote:Mine did the same thing straight out of the box, and AAC said they would Rocksett it properly, if I sent it in. I've got close to 3k through mine, with no issues. One of these days, I'll Rocksett it myself.
That's what I was hoping to hear RJT. If they're just going to Rocksett it, I can do that.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Actually i think it's red Loctite. The high temperature version.

Rocksett would start weakening in contact with water. Like if you shot wet.
ikickhippies

Post by ikickhippies »

Sorry guys.
Last edited by ikickhippies on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 13:20- He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
JPB

Post by JPB »

ikickhippies wrote:The production manager at the time thought it would be a good idea to not use primer for the thread locker as it slowed down production too much (3 seconds) That is why element end caps and tirant piston housings are coming loose.
Really? At what rate are these things flying off the shelves? I mean conservatively, one person could assemble 20-40 Elements (baffles, 2 end caps, and a tube) in an 8 hour day easily. We'll call that the "union rate" (I can assemble mine in less than 5 minutes, no assembly jigs). 100-200 in a week, 400-800 in a month. These numbers multiplied by however many months the Element 2 has been around. This is through put for one person. I'm not thinking that that assembly is the "long pole in the tent" on through put.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

JPB wrote:
ikickhippies wrote:The production manager at the time thought it would be a good idea to not use primer for the thread locker as it slowed down production too much (3 seconds) That is why element end caps and tirant piston housings are coming loose.
Really? At what rate are these things flying off the shelves? I mean conservatively, one person could assemble 20-40 Elements (baffles, 2 end caps, and a tube) in an 8 hour day easily. We'll call that the "union rate" (I can assemble mine in less than 5 minutes, no assembly jigs). 100-200 in a week, 400-800 in a month. These numbers multiplied by however many months the Element 2 has been around. This is through put for one person. I'm not thinking that that assembly is the "long pole in the tent" on through put.
Remfficiency™ - or, "most people won't return these things, let's make 'em as fast as possible"
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

OH yeah, Jake or Jeb was his name. He used to work at Dunkin Donuts till they promoted him to general manager of the EPL, otherwise referred to as the "element production line". It consists of four turnstiles a 1/4 mile long ( the plant in Indonesia) with 12 to 13 yo boys cranking them bithches out by the doZen because the girls are off in the mountains collecting poppy plants , usually 2 kibbles ( Indian currency) per metric ton. Doesn't amount to squat for them when they want a to order a 4 dollar latte from Starbucks. My heart goes out to those little fuckers. God bless them. But anywho, Jim or Joe, the manager dude for the EPD. What a jerk. Can't really blame him though. You see, his mother was a coquettish haberdasher with a penchant for mild opiate enemas so the money she earned..... long story short, Joe or bob or Jake, or whatever his name is, the manager of the EPL is a jerk.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

Where did you get this information from? If this was the case there would be a lot more problems with them unscrewing you would think.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

thecameraman79 wrote:Where did you get this information from? If this was the case there would be a lot more problems with them unscrewing you would think.
Please tell me your not this gullible. This guy is a troll just phishing for a response. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

That is what I was getting at but in a polite manner instead of coming off as a douche bag myself.
cyclone72 wrote:
thecameraman79 wrote:Where did you get this information from? If this was the case there would be a lot more problems with them unscrewing you would think.
Please tell me your not this gullible. This guy is a troll just phishing for a response. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

thecameraman79 wrote:That is what I was getting at but in a polite manner instead of coming off as a douche bag myself.

[/quote]

Well thank you for being polite.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

cyclone72 wrote:
[Edited to steer boat away from the shitstorm]

most folks in this industry wear clown shoes.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
JPB

Post by JPB »

I also noticed that my front end cap looks more like the Pilot II's and not the "TiRant inspired" design described and depicted in the manual. Normal?
JPB

Post by JPB »

And to add insult to injury, I saw a Pilot II today that had the "TiRant inspired" end cap... Maybe I should buy it and swap end caps. I'm starting to think that they assemble these things with whatever parts they have laying around.