Element II or Spectre II, Which One?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

SoZoomMe

Element II or Spectre II, Which One?

Post by SoZoomMe »

I am brand new to the site and am getting ready to purchase my first silencer. My local dealer has both the Element II and Spectre II in stock. I have spent the entire day researching both and I still can't decide which one to go with.

I really don't want any first round crack, and I would like (I know, have your cake and it eat it too) good performance from a 22/45 and a 10/22.

Any input from those with experience with these silencers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Element II or Spectre II, Which One?

Post by quiettime »

SilencerCo's customer service is pretty legendary in the industry. I'd get the Spectre II of those choices. It's a great can and basically a SS version of the Warlock II that I own and love (super quiet and easy to maintain)
JPB

Post by JPB »

Those are the two rimfire cans I went with. I decided that I couldn't live without both of them, so I bought both. Went with the Spectre II first though. If your going to only get one, I'd go with the Spectre. Suppression wise, they're about the same. The Spectre is about .5" longer and a bit heavier, but all steel, fully phosphate finished, and rated up to 5.7x28. The Element is Ti tubed (lighter), a little shorter, and ceracoated. I'll take phosphate over ceracoat all day long. The ceracoat where the can buts up against the barrel shoulder is already coming off. No so with the Spectre. The rear cap of the Element is supposed to be fixed, yet I was able to twist it off at the store (I thought it was supposed to come off!).

At the end of the day, the Element is a more sophisticated can (with a beautifully machined stack of K baffles), but the execution of the details lacked a bit (weak finish, rear cap not secured). The Spectre is a little more brute force (all steel and click together cone baffles) but all of the design elements were executed perfectly. Either will serve you well, but the execution and increased durability drove me to the Spectre first. Really, they're cheap enough to get both which is what you'll likely end up doing as well. Dead Air is next...
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

Spectre 2 was my first can , now i own 7 lol

the Spectre is built like a freaking tank . and its quiet . and good prices on them

right now im waiting on my dealer to call any day and tell me my liberty regulator is in :mrgreen:

if i was gonna jump in right now , id buy a regulator and then a dead air mask

search firemans regulator review on youtube . its super quiet .
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I love my Spectre II. No FRP and very quiet. All I really know about the Element is that it will be harder to clean, if you're into that sort of thing. SCo has much better customer service.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
SoZoomMe

Post by SoZoomMe »

I am leaning toward the Spectre right now. My dealer has both it and the element in stock. I will check out the regulator too.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

SoZoomMe wrote:I am leaning toward the Spectre right now. My dealer has both it and the element in stock. I will check out the regulator too.

regulator is monocore with no FRP . it is astounding . but i love my Spectre as well . since it was my first can it gets more love lol
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

I have both, and they are excellent. My Element 2 lives on a pistol, and the Spectre II floats around between various rifles. You can't go wrong with either of them.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
blueheeler66

Post by blueheeler66 »

I like both. The Element is quieter on a pistol to me.
The Dead Air Mask 22 has my attention now.
SoZoomMe

Post by SoZoomMe »

Thanks for all of the input. I went with the Spectre II. Paperwork mailed yesterday morning. Also put a few rounds through it with my 22/45. Very nice. Now the wait begins . . .
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Good choice. The Spectre's tube doesn't get fouled with lead/carbon thanks to its CTA baffle design. Allows for easier and longer cleaning intervals.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I think you chose well! I have two Spectre II's and haven't cleaned one thoroughly yet. Just open it once every now and then and knock out all the crud that's loose in there. I've had them about a year and a half or so. I don't shoot tons though so I'm prolly the exception to the rule when it comes to cleaning schedules though.

Check out that Liberty Regulator (if you're thinking of a second 22 can) I really like Liberty products as well as the people over there. Like my Kodiak TL's and the Essence is SUPER light.

Jay
I've gotta stop this habit.