Best multi cal cans right now?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

BlakeJ
Silent But Deadly

Best multi cal cans right now?

Post by BlakeJ »

My buddy is looking to get a rimfire can and a centerfire can, multi cal for both. I haven't been keeping up on the latest and greatest.

I told him to get a silencerco ss sparrow and a silencerco saker 762. Decent picks? Thoughts?
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Best multi cal cans right now?

Post by doubloon »

define centerfire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

Here are the cans I went with:
.22: Silencerco Sparrow. Nicely built, easier to take apart than others for cleaning. Great sound reduction.
Centerfire/Handgun: Octane 45 HD and YHM Cobra M2. Both cover most common handgun rounds with a mount or piston swap and that includes 10mm :)
Rifle/.30 Caliber: Rugged Suppressors Surge 7.62. A modular can that can be long or short, has mounts for 5.56 or 7.62 and end caps for both as well. Has a nice, secure mount.
There are other cans I wouldn't mind adding but these cover most everything very well.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Your buddy should have 3 dedicated cans. Rimfire, centerfire pistol, and centerfire rifle.

Go with 45 and 762 cans for the most versatility
JPB

Post by JPB »

I went with the three dedicated cans approach: Spectre II, Octane 45 HD, Saker 762. Covers the gambit of hosts. I added an Element 2 because I've got a bunch of .22s and the barrier to entry is quite low. Now that the immediate need is covered, I'm thinking that I should cover redundancy with another pistol and rifle can. I see this getting out of hand in a hurry...
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

JPB wrote:I went with the three dedicated cans approach: Spectre II, Octane 45 HD, Saker 762. Covers the gambit of hosts. I added an Element 2 because I've got a bunch of .22s and the barrier to entry is quite low. Now that the immediate need is covered, I'm thinking that I should cover redundancy with another pistol and rifle can. I see this getting out of hand in a hurry...
Yeap that is how it goes. I got a Silencerco Sparrow first, followed by a YHM Ti Phantom .30 QD. I figured, well if I get a 45 can then I am all set with no need for any more suppressors. So I bought a Osprey 45. Then I hated how when my son and I shot, we had to take turns with the .22 so I went and bought a Spectre II. Then I thought well thats not fair to my daughter to have to wait, so I bought a Warlock II. Then I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated 5.56 can so I got a Phantom M2 QD since I already had a bunch of 5.56 QD mounts installed. Then I thought I would like a handgun suppressor to accommodate a 3 lug mount so I bought a Octane 45 HD. The the Dead Air Mask came out and I figured, now me, the wife and kids can all shoot at once. At that point, it seems odd not to have a second .308 suppressor so I picked up a Omega. Well everyone needs a K configuration pistol silencer right? So I got a Griffin Revolution 45. Now I am thinking that I should try out a Dead Air Sandman. It never ends!!!!
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!