Tirant Booster Spring

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Tirant Booster Spring

Post by gwendell »

Iam needing help in finding a replacement booster spring for a 9mm TiRant. Looked on AAC website.They are showing the pistons but no spring. Been shooting a fixed barrel spacer on a carbine for several months,and went to change back to the spring on the booster and cant remember what I done with it. Any help would be appreciated :)
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Tirant Booster Spring

Post by Bendersquint »

gwendell wrote:Iam needing help in finding a replacement booster spring for a 9mm TiRant. Looked on AAC website.They are showing the pistons but no spring. Been shooting a fixed barrel spacer on a carbine for several months,and went to change back to the spring on the booster and cant remember what I done with it. Any help would be appreciated :)
The springs are controlled items and can not be sold they are considered a silencer part by the ATF.
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

Bendersquint wrote:
gwendell wrote:Iam needing help in finding a replacement booster spring for a 9mm TiRant. Looked on AAC website.They are showing the pistons but no spring. Been shooting a fixed barrel spacer on a carbine for several months,and went to change back to the spring on the booster and cant remember what I done with it. Any help would be appreciated :)
The springs are controlled items and can not be sold they are considered a silencer part by the ATF.
So....if I cant remember where I put the spring, Iam screwed !!!!!!
" The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second "
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

gwendell wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
So....if I cant remember where I put the spring, Iam screwed !!!!!!
Technically and legally yes.

They can't sell you one because its a silencer part, if they took care of you and you find the old one then you have an extra silencer part.

Catch22.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Wait...the spring is controlled but the piston isnt?
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Fireman1291 wrote:Wait...the spring is controlled but the piston isnt?
Correct, the piston is considered an adapter.
ronin111
Silent But Deadly

Post by ronin111 »

Bendersquint wrote:
Would the fixed barrel spacer be considered a silencer part or an adapter?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ronin111 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Would the fixed barrel spacer be considered a silencer part or an adapter?

Adapter when it comes from an 07/02.

If you made one yourself it could be considered a silencer part, has in the past at least.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Wow....so ghey. I suggest the OP fix this behind the curtains. Or Id guess he can mail in his whole suppressor for a "repair"
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tirant Booster Spring.....Update

Post by gwendell »

Found out that the booster spring from a Gem-Tech MM L.I.D works great. Same dimensions :) Ran 300 rounds thru the can without a hitch.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Fireman1291 wrote:Wow....so ghey. I suggest the OP fix this behind the curtains. Or Id guess he can mail in his whole suppressor for a "repair"
Couldn't repair it since you aren't fixing anything, you are replacing a missing/AWOL part.

How is that a repair?

As soon as he finds the spring he would then be in possession of a extra silencer part and in violation. That's why replacing is a no-go.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

gwendell wrote:

Found out that the booster spring from a Gem-Tech MM L.I.D works great. Same dimensions :) Ran 300 rounds thru the can without a hitch.
I knew you would find a legal way to take care of it!
gwendell
Silent But Deadly

Post by gwendell »

Bendersquint wrote:
gwendell wrote:

I knew you would find a legal way to take care of it!

:wink: :wink:
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

do what must be done and stop talking about it
NP
Scoundrel

Post by Scoundrel »

I know this is an old thread, but I have what I feel is an important update.

I discovered a couple days ago that my spring was missing, and I found this thread while searching for what to do about it.
I actually found my spring after ripping my office completely apart, so it is no longer an issue for me.
BUT, I wanted to know what course of action the MFG is recommending to people in this situation, so I just called and spoke with AAC.

I was told that a more recent ruling has declassified the spring as a "suppressor part", and they are now able to replace them.
However, AAC likes to replace them in-house, "to appease the ATF".
So if you lose your spring, you can send in your suppressor and get it replaced, and there are no issues about "what if the spring is found later".

You may draw your own conclusions/opinions about whether you might be able to just have them ship you a spring if you asked nicely enough.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

^^ Thanks for the recent info. Glad to hear a little common sense prevails once in a while.

However, having to send back the can anyway negates the recent ruling altogether lol :roll:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rimshaker wrote:^^ Thanks for the recent info. Glad to hear a little common sense prevails once in a while.

However, having to send back the can anyway negates the recent ruling altogether lol :roll:
There is no published ruling changing the classification of the spring. If so I would love to see it as I have a few cans inbound that we are replacing springs on...

....awaits cite.....