Form 1 caliper discription

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

kbillet

Form 1 caliper discription

Post by kbillet »

I'm a newby, so my posting may not fit the traditional form. But on a form 1 for caliper description 4.C, does "22" allow for use with any 22 caliper weapon? Such as 22lr, 223, 22-250. Any thing that uses a .224 bullet?
Pineapple Devil

Re: Form 1 caliper discription

Post by Pineapple Devil »

Yes, putting .22 caliber will allow for all .22 calibers. I believe .22lr is a .224 bullet
silencer_kid
Silent But Deadly

Post by silencer_kid »

can i list the can as "0.17-0.50"?
fastfire
Silent But Deadly

Post by fastfire »

NO, Can not have mutable calibers listed.
Pineapple Devil

Post by Pineapple Devil »

If it's going to have a .2xx bore then just put 5.56 as the caliber and be done with it. You can use it on any gun the bullet will fit through it.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

silencer_kid wrote:can i list the can as "0.17-0.50"?
They stopped allowing this many moons ago.....hard to have an accurate registry when you have no clue what is out there.
kbillet

Post by kbillet »

Thanks all for your input. I made my Form 1 applications back at the beginning of September. At the time I just listed the caliper as "22". Knowing better now I would have used 5.56. Received my approved forms last Friday. 22-250 Will be the application. Thanks
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

kbillet wrote:Thanks all for your input. I made my Form 1 applications back at the beginning of September. At the time I just listed the caliper as "22". Knowing better now I would have used 5.56. Received my approved forms last Friday. 22-250 Will be the application. Thanks
22 is fine.
plodder
Silent Operator

Post by plodder »

.22 caliber, .223 caliber, 5.56 mm: all would suffice. When I first delved into this sordid pastime I worried a lot about such details too. By the time you provide adequate clearance to prevent baffle strikes who knows what the actual dimension of the bore will be. Unless you are committing some nefarious act with your silencer the chances of the BATFE breaking out their micrometers to measure your can are pretty slim.
Still awaiting an original & riveting thought for signature line; stand by...........
AkGun&ammo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by AkGun&ammo »

my two pennies:

all of my 300 Mag caliber cans are listed as "30 Caliber"

and they went thru without a hitch.

one of my 22 cans is listed as "22LR" , rest listed as "22" : all went thru without me knowing any problems

Chris