looking for help buying before July 13

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

$tar

looking for help buying before July 13

Post by $tar »

Although i have yet to buy myself a rifle, i want to go ahead and purchase silencers with my trust while i can.

Currently i have a 9mm CZ75 compact with the .22LR kadet kit. (need to get both threaded still... looking into TROS or TT)

I am shopping for rifles, right now i have a 17wsm and a 223 on my mind, and the thought of One silencer for many calibers excites me especially with the $200 tax.

For the .22 I am Currently looking at the Sparrow and Osprey micro.... leaning towards the sparrow only because it shoots 5.7's and my buddy just ordered an osprey micro.

For larger calibers, i am looking at SilencerCo's Omega and Hybrid.... Does the omega shoot 5.7, 9mm, 17wsm, 2.22, and 7.62?

thanks for any help
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Re: looking for help buying before July 13

Post by mk23 »

$tar wrote:Although i have yet to buy myself a rifle, i want to go ahead and purchase silencers with my trust while i can.

Currently i have a 9mm CZ75 compact with the .22LR kadet kit. (need to get both threaded still... looking into TROS or TT)

I am shopping for rifles, right now i have a 17wsm and a 223 on my mind, and the thought of One silencer for many calibers excites me especially with the $200 tax.

For the .22 I am Currently looking at the Sparrow and Osprey micro.... leaning towards the sparrow only because it shoots 5.7's and my buddy just ordered an osprey micro.

For larger calibers, i am looking at SilencerCo's Omega and Hybrid.... Does the omega shoot 5.7, 9mm, 17wsm, 2.22, and 7.62?

thanks for any help
I got to tell you, I am not crazy about the Mirco mounting system. I am pretty sure I am not an idiot, but getting the QD to line up, never seems to happen on the 1st go. Even called SilencerCo to see if they had any tips... I would stick with the Sparrow.
Theohazard
Silent Operator

Re: looking for help buying before July 13

Post by Theohazard »

$tar wrote:Does the omega shoot 5.7, 9mm, 17wsm, 2.22, and 7.62?
Yep. The Omega can handle any caliber that's 30 caliber or smaller and makes about the same or less muzzle pressure as a 300 Win Mag. (Though, like any sealed rifle can, it's not a great idea to shoot too much unjacketed lead bullets or .22 rimfire rounds though it.)
0331: "Accuracy by volume."