Shroud For 3-Lug Barrel

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Shroud For 3-Lug Barrel

Post by Tango2249 »

I have a RRA 9MM AR Upper that has of a 5" Tros 3-Lug Barrel and Daniel Defense 7.0 Rail. My Trident9 sits inside of the rail and attaches using a 3-Lug Mount.

I would like to shoot the upper without having to install the suppressor every time. Does anyone have any suggestions in making a shroud that will lock onto the 3-Lug barrel and extend out past the rail? I do not want to fire the upper without having either the suppressor or fake suppressor/shroud attached to the barrel.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
redtazdog
Elite Member

Re: Shroud For 3-Lug Barrel

Post by redtazdog »

Something like this
sumkrnboy
Silent But Deadly

Post by sumkrnboy »

redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

I just reread you post again LOL
Your looking for a 3 lug type of flash hider or fake can that is how many inches to get it past the end of the hand guard ?
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

I had one of those for a shorty I built awhile back and the problem was the little button lever on the flash hider was hard to get to under the hand guard.
like this one http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/3-Lug-9m ... HK-p82.htm
Then maybe you may know of a diferent style.
Last edited by redtazdog on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

That's basically what I am looking for. I will have to find out if the diameter of that fake suppressor will fit inside my rail.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

redtazdog wrote:I just reread you post again LOL
Your looking for a 3 lug type of flash hider or fake can that is how many inches to get it past the end of the hand guard ?
I'll have to take some measurements. I'd like to get a fake suppressor roughly the same diameter and length of my Trident.
sumkrnboy
Silent But Deadly

Post by sumkrnboy »

Tango2249 wrote:
I'll have to take some measurements. I'd like to get a fake suppressor roughly the same diameter and length of my Trident.
The fake suppressor is Ø1.25" and 8.5" or 9.5" long (depending on model). The SWR Trident is Ø1.375" and 6.6" long.
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

sumkrnboy wrote:
Tango2249 wrote:
The fake suppressor is Ø1.25" and 8.5" or 9.5" long (depending on model). The SWR Trident is Ø1.375" and 6.6" long.
The Trident with the 3-Lug mount attached is about 8.25" long, so the MP5/3-Lug Standard model (8.5") should be the ticket. Thanks for the info!
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Purchase a 3 lug trident mount and have a extension made to fit it.
Should be easy to make
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

redtazdog wrote:Purchase a 3 lug trident mount and have a extension made to fit it.
Should be easy to make
This....I am trying to find someone that will make an extension that will screw onto my 3 lug mount since I figured that should be easy. Problem is I have had guys quoting me way more than I wanna pay. I have no plans of paying $100+ for something that is nothing more than a bar of aluminum with a hole through the middle and threaded on one end.
Go Hoos!!!!
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

Investment Grade Firearms also makes a fake suppressor for a 3-Lug Mount.

http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/igfproducts.htm

redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Wahoo95 wrote:
redtazdog wrote:Purchase a 3 lug trident mount and have a extension made to fit it.
Should be easy to make
This....I am trying to find someone that will make an extension that will screw onto my 3 lug mount since I figured that should be easy. Problem is I have had guys quoting me way more than I wanna pay. I have no plans of paying $100+ for something that is nothing more than a bar of aluminum with a hole through the middle and threaded on one end.
What extension length do you need to add to the 3 lug mount to get what is needed ? Ø1.375" and 6.6" long.
Last edited by redtazdog on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Tango2249 wrote:Investment Grade Firearms also makes a fake suppressor for a 3-Lug Mount.

I save that link as it may be usefull later :wink: thank you
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

redtazdog wrote:
Tango2249 wrote:Investment Grade Firearms also makes a fake suppressor for a 3-Lug Mount.

I save that link as it may be usefull later :wink: thank you
Your Welcome. If you need refinishing done on your firearms, IGF has a good reputation for their work.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

redtazdog, where did you get a SS 3 lug?
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

strobro32 wrote:redtazdog, where did you get a SS 3 lug?
I made a few SS barrels with with the 3 lug instead of threads.
This one had the 3 lug and 1/2x28 threads until I found the threads got too dirty.
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

redtazdog wrote:
Wahoo95 wrote:
Should be easy to make
What extension length do you need to add to the 3 lug mount to get what is needed ? Ø1.375" and 6.6" long.
Yeah 6" should be sufficient
Go Hoos!!!!
jagleaso

Post by jagleaso »

What ever happened with this?
I am in the same situation. my 5 inch 3lug barrel is recessed inside my 7 inch rail and I would like to be able to use this gun without the suppressor occasionally (ie when the suppressor is on another firearm) without mucking the rail and/or my hand.
usmcvet0331

Post by usmcvet0331 »