Obsidian 45 on 300 Blk

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Obsidian 45 on 300 Blk

Post by quiettime »

Anybody have their Obsidian yet and try it on 300 Blackout?

I've never been really into pistol cans but this one just really interests me. It would allow me to shoot cast boolits in my BLK as well as my 1911. Plus I do not have a Rugged product yet LOL.

Just can't find any in stock right now... :cry:
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Re: Obsidian 45 on 300 Blk

Post by Fireman1291 »

I can as soon as the mounts come in. 8)
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

I thought I heard Octane mounts would fit it?

Hopefully you will have for the 16th 8)
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I still have another 4-6 weeks left till mine will likely be approved. Possibly longer since I bought mine the same day as 41P announcement so times will likely spike.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

No doubt, demand is through the roof right now. Been keeping my eyes on things last month or so and it's amazing how many cans are getting sold right now
ratas calientes

Post by ratas calientes »

I ordered one about two months ago and the dealer is still waiting for it to arrive. Have not even started the Form 4 yet. :(
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

ratas calientes wrote:I ordered one about two months ago and the dealer is still waiting for it to arrive. Have not even started the Form 4 yet. :(
I hear the Form 3's are taking 6-8 weeks so hopefully you will see it land soon. I actually called Rugged and left a message over a week ago to ask for help with locating a can and haven't heard back, so I would imagine they are cranking out as many cans as possible right now.

It is unfortunate that once the madness subsides we will be rewarded with more incurred cost and more hoops to jump through. All the more reason to support the Hearing Protection Act. With a 2/3 majority, POTUS cannot veto so let us all encourage our legislators, or if they cannot be swayed, at least ask them to abstain from voting
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I got to handle mine at my dealer last week. I am not sure how long he has had them in hand, I just so happened to have been in area. I am very excited that stamp. My paperwork was submitted 1/4 so its right there at intro to 41P. I hope it was early into craze so I can take possession here in a few months.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!