The omega 9k

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

The omega 9k

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Trying to find a omega 9k is like trying to find water in a desert blinded. On a waiting list to see if i can get my hands on it. Also it really suppressing the msrp that the omega 9k commands.

I want one and I was looking for what other calibers that can be shot through it.

Anyone here have one and what has your experience been like.
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Re: The omega 9k

Post by mars »

the POWPOW now goes powpow
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

+1 on Hansohn Brothers, they are good guys.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I was going to pick one of these up a few months ago when I had money in hand and I passed. Now I regret that decision and need to try to get the funds together by July. I will throw a 3 lug on it and it will be a dedicated can for my Scorpion SBR.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

JasonNC wrote:I was going to pick one of these up a few months ago when I had money in hand and I passed. Now I regret that decision and need to try to get the funds together by July. I will throw a 3 lug on it and it will be a dedicated can for my Scorpion SBR.
I was thinking the same for myself back in January. I already have a specwar 762 and octane 45. But I recently bought a MPX gen2 now I'm trying to figure out if the wait times and it getting here to send off a form 4 is doable When you have trustees that are spread out around the states things get interesting.
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Michael Black 47 wrote:
JasonNC wrote:I was going to pick one of these up a few months ago when I had money in hand and I passed. Now I regret that decision and need to try to get the funds together by July. I will throw a 3 lug on it and it will be a dedicated can for my Scorpion SBR.
I was thinking the same for myself back in January. I already have a specwar 762 and octane 45. But I recently bought a MPX gen2 now I'm trying to figure out if the wait times and it getting here to send off a form 4 is doable When you have trustees that are spread out around the states things get interesting.
This is the best 9mm suppressor I have shot in a LONG time. I ordered a 2nd.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

My Omega 9K arrived at my local dealer a few weeks ago, so I took my MPX SBR (4.5" barrel) into the shop take pictures with it mounted. The whole package is ridiculously and beautifully short.

The results:

Omega 9K length compared to my old YHM Cobra 40 suppressor, which the Omega 9K is replacing:

MPX SBR with Safety Harbor Firearms KES stock (extended), Silencerco Omega 9k suppressor, Surefire scout light on a LaRue offset mount and BFG Vickers padded sling:

Stock collapsed:

Closeup of scout light relative to the end of the suppressor (with the light activated, no light falls on the suppressor, hence it casts no shadow nor does any reflect off its surface):

Now we will see what effect 41F has on the recent 4 month wait time...
Chase

suppressortools.com
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

Thanks for the pics! I have a Omega 9K on order that I plan on running on my MP5-K PDW but am also waiting for a MPX to come in and was curious if it would run under the handguard of the MPX. The 9K looks like it was made for the MPX! Now you've got me really antsy for them to come in!

Have you had a chance to run it on the MPX yet? How does it sound if you have?
chase wrote:My Omega 9K arrived at my local dealer a few weeks ago, so I took my MPX SBR (4.5" barrel) into the shop take pictures with it mounted. The whole package is ridiculously and beautifully short.

The results:

Omega 9K length compared to my old YHM Cobra 40 suppressor, which the Omega 9K is replacing:

MPX SBR with Safety Harbor Firearms KES stock (extended), Silencerco Omega 9k suppressor, Surefire scout light on a LaRue offset mount and BFG Vickers padded sling:

Stock collapsed:

Closeup of scout light relative to the end of the suppressor (with the light activated, no light falls on the suppressor, hence it casts no shadow nor does any reflect off its surface):

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

thecameraman79 wrote:Thanks for the pics! I have a Omega 9K on order that I plan on running on my MP5-K PDW but am also waiting for a MPX to come in and was curious if it would run under the handguard of the MPX. The 9K looks like it was made for the MPX! Now you've got me really antsy for them to come in!

Have you had a chance to run it on the MPX yet? How does it sound if you have?
chase wrote:My Omega 9K arrived at my local dealer a few weeks ago, so I took my MPX SBR (4.5" barrel) into the shop take pictures with it mounted. The whole package is ridiculously and beautifully short.

The results:

Stock collapsed:

Looks really good.great setup. I'm going to weight till they sell the uppers later on this year.
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

I have not shot it yet. I hope to soon, as my buddy at the gun shop said he would bring it to a range for me to try. I have a decibel meter and plan to test it against my Cobra 40 using 147gr Hush and GA Arms 147gr FMJ.

Regarding Sig releasing MPX uppers, I will only believe it when I see them. I would like to get a 40 S&W upper.
Chase

suppressortools.com
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

chase wrote:I have not shot it yet. I hope to soon, as my buddy at the gun shop said he would bring it to a range for me to try. I have a decibel meter and plan to test it against my Cobra 40 using 147gr Hush and GA Arms 147gr FMJ.

Regarding Sig releasing MPX uppers, I will only believe it when I see them. I would like to get a 40 S&W upper.
That is very true. They have been a little bit sketchy at times, but I talked to a guy at sig when it came to doing my registration for. And I found out that with a high probability that in the third or fourth quarter they will be releasing the Gen 2 uppers in various lengths and calibers. So have no fear about that.

Also have you heard about Pharaoh's new release for the HST line.

The 150 grain 9 mm HST, it just release last month and I was wondering if you have heard anything about it. It's running at 900 ft./s and it's a great round design.
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

Regarding anything that anyone at Sig has said about releasing MPX anything, I won't hold my breath.

Regarding Pharaoh's 150gr 9mm HST, I'm Sgt. Schultz. I'll have to look into it.
Chase

suppressortools.com
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

chase wrote:Regarding anything that anyone at Sig has said about releasing MPX anything, I won't hold my breath.

Regarding Pharaoh's 150gr 9mm HST, I'm Sgt. Schultz. I'll have to look into it.
Federal ammunition sorry
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

Very nice and speak of the devil not more then an hour after saying I'm waiting for my dealer to get my 9K in my dealer called me! I've been running my MP5-K PDW with an Octane 9 HD so I'm super excited to run the considerably shorter 9K on it instead. Now I've just gotta wait till they get my MPX in!

Do you happen to have a picture straight down the barrel of the MPX with the 9K on? I'm curious as to how much clearance there is.
chase wrote:I have not shot it yet. I hope to soon, as my buddy at the gun shop said he would bring it to a range for me to try. I have a decibel meter and plan to test it against my Cobra 40 using 147gr Hush and GA Arms 147gr FMJ.

chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

I do not have such a picture.
Chase

suppressortools.com
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

thecameraman79 wrote:Very nice and speak of the devil not more then an hour after saying I'm waiting for my dealer to get my 9K in my dealer called me! I've been running my MP5-K PDW with an Octane 9 HD so I'm super excited to run the considerably shorter 9K on it instead. Now I've just gotta wait till they get my MPX in!

Do you happen to have a picture straight down the barrel of the MPX with the 9K on? I'm curious as to how much clearance there is.

im waiting on 3 dealers that have stock coming in. and that glorious call
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Before this thread the 9K wasn't on my radar. Yesderday the Silencerco rep was at a local shop doing an event so I got to see one up close. Hard to believe something so small could get people excited about the way it sounds. Anyway, I preorderd one, my understanding is inventory should be on hand next 2-4 weeks.

Just wanted to say yea!!# and you guys get the credit.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:Before this thread the 9K wasn't on my radar.
It's on my short list, but that is about 5 different cans so :lol:
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Does anyone know what mounts can fit this? Is this really same back thread as the Omega and Harvester Big Bore? I know with the adapter ring it comes with, it steps it down for a piston or 3-lug.

Since it can handle 300 Blackout supers, I think with a rifle break it could make a nice light qd SBR can. I don't like direct thread on high rate high volume SBR's.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:Does anyone know what mounts can fit this? Is this really same back thread as the Omega and Harvester Big Bore?
No, it's the same as the Octane

http://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco ... mount.html
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

quiettime wrote:
CanOfWhooppass wrote:Does anyone know what mounts can fit this? Is this really same back thread as the Omega and Harvester Big Bore?

Thanks
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

quiettime wrote:

The Harvester, NON-BIG BORE, mounts will fit the Omega 9k...I confirmed it with Silencerco: https://www.store.silencerco.com/collec ... =908092593
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

seattlite wrote:
quiettime wrote:

The Harvester, NON-BIG BORE, mounts will fit the Omega 9k...I confirmed it with Silencerco: https://www.store.silencerco.com/collec ... =908092593
Thanks
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

seattlite wrote:
The Harvester, NON-BIG BORE, mounts will fit the Omega 9k...I confirmed it with Silencerco:
Reeeeeally...well the Harvester mount fits the Omega (.30 cal) so that opens up a lot of possibilities