Opinions on these 2 can choices please.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Opinions on these 2 can choices please.

Post by Sigproshooter »

Okay first the platforms.

1: AAC 300 Blackout 9" primarily used with 220gr subs.

2: HK 91 with factory barrel primarily used with m80 ball.

The choices due to mount options and I love their cans.

Silencerco Saker Silencerco Specwar

20.7 oz 24.0oz
7.5" length 9.00" length
.300blk 126db .300blk 119.8db
.308 139db .308 134.3db

Okay heres the skinny, I cannot currently find the 15x1rh mount for the specwar but I can for the saker.5/8x24 is easy for both models.

I like shorter on the SBR uses, 4oz, means little to me, both are F/A rated,but the louder readings bother me.

Where I can get them locally in stock the price difference is 299.34 between the two. The saker comes with 1 mount, I do not know if the specwar does or not until I call them.

Price is not the issue here, durability,mounts,length, and noise reduction are the most important things to me.

Okay, hopefully that is concise enough for you guys to fire away.

And please do, 8)
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Re: Opinions on these 2 can choices please.

Post by AlabamaPaul »

The m15x1 situation can be handled with these...
http://www.cncwarrior.com/SearchResults ... x1&Submit=
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

No matter how important dB readings are to you, there is always a realistic point when some dB tradeoff is the correct way to go.

Saker is basically just a shorter/lighter version of Specwar. Same durability. But with a better MAAD system, more mounting options (even ASR), and swappable endcaps.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

AlabamaPaul wrote:The m15x1 situation can be handled with these...
http://www.cncwarrior.com/SearchResults ... x1&Submit=

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately I am not a big believer in adapters like that. I use one on my M&P .22 only.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

rimshaker wrote:No matter how important dB readings are to you, there is always a realistic point when some dB tradeoff is the correct way to go.

Saker is basically just a shorter/lighter version of Specwar. Same durability. But with a better MAAD system, more mounting options (even ASR), and swappable endcaps.

Agreed,

but 5(ish) db is quite a bit to give up at that level. Other than that I am leaning on the saker at this time. Not 100% there yet.

In a perfect world it would be closer on reduction I guess.
Sun Tzu
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Nothing more??????????

C'mon I know the brain trust has more to offer.
Sun Tzu
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

You've got a hell of a decision to make. I would decide on the most important factor, and chose the can that meets that requirement. Maximum suppression is my main concern (why wouldn't it be? :D ) , yours may be different. Both of your choices counter each other in regards to length, weight, and suppression. I will say that the ASR mount blows the MAAD system away, unless you have mounts from different manufacturers.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I have the Saker 7.62 and am very happy with it. Here are some things I considered that may or may not matter to you.

For me the maximum suppression idea has to be taken with a grain of salt on an automatic supersonic rifle. Action noise, bullet impact noise, ejected brass noise and the crack of the round itself all have a part. I have a tactical mindset so my goals would be to make my location/direction very hard to detect. Both of your picks will do that well, with a bolt action greater suppression makes sense in a hide and snipe, but the HK 91 is not that.

Subsonic 300 Black is a different animal, you are giving up a great deal of balistic performance to get very quiet. My goal here is not be heard at all or at least sound like something other than a gun shot for a single engagement. If things get heated I'm happy that I'll add to the confusion for my enemies, as much from lack of flash as lack of report. Maximum suppression has a great argument, but the environment is more likely to be close and dynamic. To me it's a race so weapon handling is a very big deal. With lackluster balistics round counts will be higher. A few more ounces is far less of a concern to me than how it changes the balance. Saker has the advantage here. Slightly if you look at length and weight only, substantial if you take advantage of the maad mount to put part of the handguard over the suppressor. Not only do you get to move your support hand out for faster times, but your light will cast much less shadow from the can.
I use my Saker on a 18" Grendel and 10.3" 5.56 AR. I love it on my Grendel with 4-16 scope and bipod or EOTech in a field, but it's no joy in a house or rapid move and shoot. It's OK on my SBR where it mounts in front of my handguard, but I ordered a Rugged Razor to replace it and will build a 300 BO SBR with Saker under the handguard in the future. When I built the 5.56 SBR I needed to be able to run it without a suppressor, the 300 BO SBR will have the Saker dedicated to it.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Thanks you guys.

I do not know that particulars on the maad mount vs the other yet, thanks for bringing it up.

And I agree 100% on the shadow cast by your weapon light.

Sounds like the Saker will be the one to get.

Thank you for the input.
Sun Tzu
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Sigproshooter wrote:Thanks you guys.

I do not know that particulars on the maad mount vs the other yet, thanks for bringing it up.

And I agree 100% on the shadow cast by your weapon light.

Sounds like the Saker will be the one to get.

Thank you for the input.
The MAAD mount twists on and is solid with no extra levers or rings that lock it. Most mounts have some kind of lever or ring at the back of the suppressor that is very difficult or imposible to engage if under the handguard. You can go direct thread under handguard, but with rapid fire if it works lose you can strike a baffle. Saker rocks under a free float handguard.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

This one would be going on an AAC 9" upper. And it turns out a Saker actually works on the AAC 51t mount.

It appears either S co mount would fit easily on this upper too.

I appreciate the help. 8)
Sun Tzu