Rugged Obsidian 45 Availability

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rugged Obsidian 45 Availability

Post by quiettime »

Dang, sorry to hear that but at least you have the Griffin
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Speaking of the devil I got the call to pick up my Revo 45 less than an hour later and grabbed it at lunch. Takes a lot of the sting out!
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Cool, congrats on that! When did your Form 4 get submitted on the Revo?
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Fulliautomatix wrote:Cool, congrats on that! When did your Form 4 get submitted on the Revo?
Purchase 11/20
Cashed 12/15
F3 Approved 1/27
F4 Approved 4/20
Received stamp 5/3
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Any dealers have one now?
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

None that I've seen. SilencerShop got in a shipment recently, but sold out very quickly.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Actually, HansonBros & JB Tactical site shows them in stock now.

$654 - http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?ro ... uct_id=405

$849 - http://jbsilencers.com/shop/rugged-obsidian-45/ (available on backorder)
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Hanson Bros sold out
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

TypeR632 wrote:Hanson Bros sold out
Can on fire
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Glad I got one.

It's an octane select o size basically.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

I managed to get one this past weekend, our local shop had a demo/range day and had put aside their stock of Obsidians to sell to "attendees only" as a secret perk for coming out to the show. Rugged also had a booth/table set up (as well as Sig, Innovative, Griffin, SilencerCo, Liberty and another one I forget)
Hned

Post by Hned »

I attended the same event this past Saturday, organized and hosted by Quiet Riot Firearms. It was a great opportunity to "test drive" many different suppressors from several different manufacturers. I called QRF today and spoke with Chris, who confirmed having the Obsidian 45's available for sale. So, I of course purchased one Obsidian 45 and one Surge this morning from QRF (via a telephone order), and I received my receipt and the serial numbers this afternoon. (Thanks, Chris and Jake!) Now, the long wait for the tax stamps begins...
jnutz19

Post by jnutz19 »

I called Silencer Shop last week and backordered an Obsidian. You can't backorder them on their website but they let me over the phone. He assured me that they will get it in and I get a serial # before 41F... I hope that's true! Also backordered a Tactical Solutions Axiom. I'm praying that they get them in before 41F!!
Rlockman

Post by Rlockman »

Anyone know where any of these are available in western Pennsylvania? It is the last can I wanted on my trust before July...
Dead Air Mask HD
Griffin Armament Alpha
SilencerCo Hybrid
Griffin Armament Resistance 45
Dead Air Sandman Ti
SilencerCo Omega
SilencerCo Sparrow SS
SilencerCo Specwar
Rugged Surge
Rugged Obsidian
furiousMG

Post by furiousMG »

Silencer Shop screwed up and even though I got my order placed in the first 15 minutes and was assigned a serial number, I now have no serial number and am on the waiting list with very little chance of making 41P. Computer glitch and they can't do anything about it.

On the bright side I've got some great cans that will make it before then. I hope I'm the only one this happened too, not a good feeling.
Your not the only one. I paid for my Obsidian in January when they said they were in stock. My order was later changed to a back order. Later they assigned a serial number. Now they are telling me my can was not part of the huge shipment they just got in. I am really not happy.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

furiousMG wrote:
Silencer Shop screwed up and even though I got my order placed in the first 15 minutes and was assigned a serial number, I now have no serial number and am on the waiting list with very little chance of making 41P. Computer glitch and they can't do anything about it.

On the bright side I've got some great cans that will make it before then. I hope I'm the only one this happened too, not a good feeling.
Your not the only one. I paid for my Obsidian in January when they said they were in stock. My order was later changed to a back order. Later they assigned a serial number. Now they are telling me my can was not part of the huge shipment they just got in. I am really not happy.
Sorry to hear you took the ride too.
ratas calientes

Post by ratas calientes »

My dealer just contacted me, and he has my Form 4 for my Obsidian that I paid for in January. Whew.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

ratas calientes wrote:My dealer just contacted me, and he has my Form 4 for my Obsidian that I paid for in January. Whew.
Reason for celebrating!
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

ratas calientes wrote:My dealer just contacted me, and he has my Form 4 for my Obsidian that I paid for in January. Whew.

Same here!! Submitted 1/4/16 and approved 5/20/16. This is one I have really be excited about!
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
atomchaser
Silent Operator

Post by atomchaser »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:
furiousMG wrote:

Sorry to hear you took the ride too.
They are not the only dealer playing that game. I ordered one from a different dealer (for transfer to my local dealer) back in January. I was told they had one it stock and I paid for it. Checked on the Form 3 a couple of times since, was told they were still waiting on it. Checked last week and they have the form 3 but my "in stock" can is somehow still with Rugged awaiting anodizing and will be a few more weeks. Partially my fault as I didn't get an invoice with a serial number and was too trusting. It really been my only negative experience over multiple purchases with multiple dealers (first and last with this dealer however).
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

Rugged Obsidian showed today in the mail.

It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
Hned

Post by Hned »

JasonNC wrote:Rugged Obsidian showed today in the mail.

OMG! You are making me salivate! Enjoy, and be sure to report back! 8)
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:
quiettime wrote:
CanOfWhooppass wrote:Silencer shop just got some in that are not all pre sold.
All gone :shock:
I spoke with them, they got 150 in and had 130 presold. I don't think they lasted an hour.
On their web site they stated they had 500.
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

I'm not digging the two-tone look either. It's not a big deal but I just don't. Griffin's Rev cans are the same way apparently. All of Rugged's official photography seems to show a mono-tone from what I've seen.
Ax4

Post by Ax4 »

The tube is aluminum... the front part where the serial number is stamped is steel... makes sense the color is different, but does suck.

What comes in the box? Any pistons?

Note: I was lucky enough to chk ss website friday night and pick one up. Im glad i didnt depend on that "back in stock" email... i hope everyone is able to get one who wants one in time.