Surge 762 Video / Testing

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Surge 762 Video / Testing

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

We finished up the video for the Surge 762 and the associated dB testing with it.

https://youtu.be/n157guuYJdQ
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Surge 762 Video / Testing

Post by quiettime »

That is one sweet can. 8)

Can you talk a little more about how the locking ring works?

Also, having reviewed the Omega as well can you compare the tone of the two?
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

From what I can tell, the muzzle device has a tapered ledge on the rear of it. When you turn the locking ring, it pushes a split up internal ring inward, putting pressure on the tapered part of that ledge. So it's got the pressure (from the sides) of the internal ring on the muzzle device, and then it uses that tapered part to stop forward/rearward movement of the suppressor.

I'm sure I"m not explaining that very clearly. It's similar to the Specwar but using a tapered part instead of teeth when the ring is turned.

As far as tone between the Surge and the Omega... I need to shoot both side by side to really compare them the best. I can hear them in my head, but putting that on paper is another story!
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Nah that makes sense, thanks
Toetagger
Silent Operator

Post by Toetagger »

Joshua@CapitolArmory wrote:From what I can tell, the muzzle device has a tapered ledge on the rear of it. When you turn the locking ring, it pushes a split up internal ring inward, putting pressure on the tapered part of that ledge. So it's got the pressure (from the sides) of the internal ring on the muzzle device, and then it uses that tapered part to stop forward/rearward movement of the suppressor.

I'm sure I"m not explaining that very clearly. It's similar to the Specwar but using a tapered part instead of teeth when the ring is turned.

As far as tone between the Surge and the Omega... I need to shoot both side by side to really compare them the best. I can hear them in my head, but putting that on paper is another story!

Looking forward to a head-to-head comparison of these two...One of which will become my first can. Thanks.
Singlestack Wonder

Post by Singlestack Wonder »

Since the Adapt module is hand tightened only, are there any concerns with it loosening up after prolonged firing sessions?