Form 5330.20 required with a trust?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

RickS

Form 5330.20 required with a trust?

Post by RickS »

Is a Form 5330.20 required for a form 1 SBR build with a trust?

Thanks
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 5330.20 required with a trust?

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Are you asking if it is needed to build the Form 1 SBR, or if you need one to transport the SBR after you build it? I don't think the trust even comes into play.

It has always been my understanding that to transport a SBR out of state you're going to need the Form 20 regardless of Form 1 or Form 4.

But I can see where this could be an interesting discussion, what if your trustees are in multiple states?

Just because it creates more paperwork and makes things more difficult, I'm going to say you need to have a Form 20 to transport it out of state regardless. :lol:
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

The citizenship compliance form? No it's not required with a trust. It's not required on eForms either.
RickS

Post by RickS »

Yea the question was about filing to build a SBR, maybe one day, when I have a SBR, I can travel to a shoot somewere. :)

rimshaker thanks for the reply.
crazyelece
Senior Silent Operator

Post by crazyelece »

The citizenship compliance form is not required anymore for any form, any type of filer (corp, individual, trust, etc.)

They changed the forms and built the questions into the standard form1 and form4, individuals are the only ones required to fill out that particular section of the form though (until mid July anyway)
RickS

Post by RickS »

Ok that is good to know
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

In July you will, also a damn fingerprint card that my C-LEO has stopped allowing his deputies to do without a letter from an employer or agency requiring it for a job application. I have to go to the next county to pay $20 to have them print me even though I went through Federal Print examiners classes.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Joker31D wrote:In July you will, also a damn fingerprint card that my C-LEO has stopped allowing his deputies to do without a letter from an employer or agency requiring it for a job application. I have to go to the next county to pay $20 to have them print me even though I went through Federal Print examiners classes.
If you feel confident, why not roll your own?
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I called and asked, they said you cant do your own, even if your federally certified. Its to add another identification step.

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Joker31D wrote:I called and asked, they said you cant do your own, even if your federally certified. Its to add another identification step.
That is incorrect. People have been doing their own for individual filings for years.
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

hmm, i wonder if it was something new or if it was a disinformation thing. I know how to classify and compare prints and have even testified in federal court about a match on a partial we found on an ied. Im pretty damn sure I can roll prints, I have been doing it since 1993 when i interned at a dept in Maryland.