Need some help here on a full auto adjustable gas block

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Need some help here on a full auto adjustable gas block

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Well some good news is I got my 308 AR lower and upper back from Aero precision. I'm in the process of finishing out and submitting my form one for the SBR of a beautiful 12.5 inch Canon. :lol: I do have one question though since I plan on running suppressed with my spec war 762. Is there a adjustable gas block that is full order rated and leads gas or without security and performance if I decide to get a slide fire stock for it. I just want to make sure that if I decide to go ham on the range, the gas block does not fail under the pressure and heat from the 762 cartridge of freedom.

Let me know what you think I know some of you have been tracking my little project and I plan on posting some pictures soon of the progress of the build.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need some help here on a full auto adjustable gas block

Post by poikilotrm »

JP, Syrac, and a few others make adjustables. You will also want a heavy buffer.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Thank you for the heads on on the gas block.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

I would strongly recommend the JP enterprises gas block.Get a steel one over any aluminum unit if available.

Go rent a MG to save the wear & tear on your piece.
-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Capt. Link. wrote:I would strongly recommend the JP enterprises gas block.Get a steel one over any aluminum unit if available.

Go rent a MG to save the wear & tear on your piece.
-CL
I have to say that I am itching to try a nighttime shoot with a bum fire stock. the muzzle blast would be a sight to see. But I know were coming from about the wear and tear on it. I think once or twice in a blue moon won't hurt. I'm doing a second bill for a more precision style of shooting a 20 inch barrel for a 308 and a 24 inch barrel on the same lower and 6.5 Creedmoor.

My last thing for everybody is that I can't find the overall length for the 16 inch variant of the M5E1, I need to -3.5 inches off of it and the AR 10 is not the same size as a AR 15 so I need this for the form one would you to help me out here or know someone that may be able to point me in the right direction?
Pat M
Silent But Deadly

Post by Pat M »

That's funny as i just finished my 13" 308 the Aero lower/ DPMS upper , and suppressed :mrgreen:
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Pat M wrote:That's funny as i just finished my 13" 308 the Aero lower/ DPMS upper , and suppressed :mrgreen:
What was the OVL on your SBR im doing the 12.5 and I don't know what the it will be scene I do not have all the pieces yet
Pat M
Silent But Deadly

Post by Pat M »

13.5" barrel, over all 33" (tube&butt are 9.75")

my OSS suppressor slides back over barrel 4" (took 16" barrel and shortened it) you can see the hole in my forend to adjust the gas block inside the tube (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/64815 ... l-melonite), OSS creates a lot less blowback :)
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it, it seems like it's always a worlds greatest treasure when it comes a to pulling answers out for some of my builds. Hopefully we can see your awesome build especially with the OSS suppressor. For my build I'm doing the 12.5 inch SBR with a spec war 762 attached. I know about the gas and how it will be a problem some using a adjustable gas block to help with that.

Thank you for the great info now I can finally file my form one :wink: :mrgreen:
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

FWIW, please read all reviews on this gas block on Midway USA site. They have discontinued the sale of it.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

thanks for the heads up on that
Pat M
Silent But Deadly

Post by Pat M »

Redhorse wrote:FWIW, please read all reviews on this gas block on Midway USA site. They have discontinued the sale of it.
Crap now i have to get a different one :evil:
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Pat M wrote:
Redhorse wrote:FWIW, please read all reviews on this gas block on Midway USA site. They have discontinued the sale of it.
Crap now i have to get a different one :evil:
Govnah.
GSPKurt

Post by GSPKurt »

I use either Wilson Combat (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Adjustable- ... /TR-AGB-C/)or Seekins Precision (http://www.seekinsprecision.com/parts-a ... 0-dia.html) adjustable gas blocks on all my rifles. I cannot comment on the full auto part, though. I would have complete confidence in either if I were to go that route.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Never had a problem with the Syrac, it's my goto adjustable.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
sgtsmmiii

Post by sgtsmmiii »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:Never had a problem with the Syrac, it's my goto adjustable.
Same with me.