Rotary Tumbler size for Spectre II Baffles

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Hillside

Rotary Tumbler size for Spectre II Baffles

Post by Hillside »

I would like to start using a Rotary Tumbler and stainless steel media for cleaning my Spectre II Baffles, but I would like to know if rotary tumblers in the two 3lb drum configuration has enough capacity to clean all of the Spectre II baffles at once. It would help if I could see the internal dimensions of a drum that size, but I don't have that option. Thanks in advance.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rotary Tumbler size for Spectre II Baffles

Post by Fulliautomatix »

If you're talking about one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/dual-drum- ... 67632.html

Then yes. Definitely capable of handling all 8 baffles of a Spectre II. I have used my rotary tumbler to clean all the 9 baffles of my Octane 45, which is basically a scaled up Spectre II.

I don't have the drums in front of me, but I'd estimate they're about 4.0-4.5" internal diameter, and about 4.0-4.5" internal depth. I can check exact diameters later tonight.
Last edited by Fulliautomatix on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
Hillside

Post by Hillside »

Yes, thanks! I am talking about one of those. Appreciate the quick reply.
SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I use that very one to clean my Spectre II baffles. Works great.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
Hillside

Post by Hillside »

Great thanks guys. Appreciate the replies.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

For what it's with, internal dimensions are 4" diameter by 4" deep.
newgunguy3

Post by newgunguy3 »

Hillside wrote:I would like to start using a Rotary Tumbler and stainless steel media for cleaning my Spectre II Baffles, but I would like to know if rotary tumblers in the two 3lb drum configuration has enough capacity to clean all of the Spectre II baffles at once. It would help if I could see the internal dimensions of a drum that size, but I don't have that option. Thanks in advance.
This weekend I cleaned my Spectre baffles along with 3 Osprey pistons and the piston spring in one of those drums with 2lbs of stainless media. Worked great and plenty big enough. Only intended to run it for 4 hours but forgot about it as other tasks of the day took precedence. Finally remembered 13 hours later. Everything was REALLY clean but not damaged at all. So nice to have all the crud off the Osrey components.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

newgunguy3 wrote:
Hillside wrote:I would like to start using a Rotary Tumbler and stainless steel media for cleaning my Spectre II Baffles, but I would like to know if rotary tumblers in the two 3lb drum configuration has enough capacity to clean all of the Spectre II baffles at once. It would help if I could see the internal dimensions of a drum that size, but I don't have that option. Thanks in advance.
This weekend I cleaned my Spectre baffles along with 3 Osprey pistons and the piston spring in one of those drums with 2lbs of stainless media. Worked great and plenty big enough. Only intended to run it for 4 hours but forgot about it as other tasks of the day took precedence. Finally remembered 13 hours later. Everything was REALLY clean but not damaged at all. So nice to have all the crud off the Osprey components.
Did you use any cleaning agents or just SS pins & water?
newgunguy3

Post by newgunguy3 »

Fulliautomatix wrote:
newgunguy3 wrote:
This weekend I cleaned my Spectre baffles along with 3 Osprey pistons and the piston spring in one of those drums with 2lbs of stainless media. Worked great and plenty big enough. Only intended to run it for 4 hours but forgot about it as other tasks of the day took precedence. Finally remembered 13 hours later. Everything was REALLY clean but not damaged at all. So nice to have all the crud off the Osprey components.
Did you use any cleaning agents or just SS pins & water?
About 4/5 full of water, ss pins, and a really good squirt of Dawn dish soap, probably a tablespoon and a bit more.
BigWonton

Post by BigWonton »

I use a Thumler A-R1 for suppressor baffles including the Spectre.
JPB

Post by JPB »

I went with an Extreme Tumblers Rebel 17. Thing's big enough to hold several suppressors worth of baffles.