AMAZING RESULTS WITH "THE DIP"!!!!!!!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

hbk80rice
Silent But Deadly

AMAZING RESULTS WITH "THE DIP"!!!!!!!

Post by hbk80rice »

I have had a Coastal Passorts that is supposed to be can apart so you can clean the baffles individually. But I have contacted Coastal over one dozen times and they have never ever sent me the tool to unscrew either end of the can. So what basically happened was the carbon sealed the end of the caps and sealed all of the baffles inside of the can together.
Needless to say I have never bought a coaster can again and never would again. Their customer service is terrible and they try to blame everything on the user and never take responsibility for their own actions. Now all of my other cans are AAC, silencerco, and Gemtech. But again that's like comparing apples to oranges. My other cans compared to the coastal cans are like comparing someone making a silencer in their garage with a flashlight tube to a military grade silencer. I havebfreinds who bought coastal passport cans after me ansnthe comeofnfine andnaremxomreples f lte÷÷

We should not have to go through this run around with this company. They should provide the end cap removal tools and on top of that I even told them I would pay for them and that I would pay for the shipping and handling and yet they still would not do that.

I would love love love to hear coastal's response to why they think that treating customers this way is an excellent business model. Even after doing the dip you can still see that all of the baffles are still caked with carbon and I cannot get the baffles how to properly clean them but this is the best I can do with what I have at the moment. If I was suggesting someone to get a can I would say I get a dead air mask HD which is full auto rated and will shoot any rimfire cartridge made instead of buying the postal passport. I would love to give these people a good rating but they absolutely positively do not care about customer service or their customers in general. Once they get the money and ship the product out the door it seems to me like it's a few we've got your money you're on your own. Every other company I have dealt with advanced armament gemtech dead air and silencerco have bent over backwards to make things right in the customer service department. In one case I had a friend of mine who was shooting my Tyrant 9 AAC can and I got a baffle strike and within 2 weeks I had a new can at my door will at my dealer's door because it did not ruin the serial number the baffle strike was closer to the end of the can. I can only imagine if this was to happen with Coastal they would have said well there's nothing we can do it looks like you knew now have a new paper weight.
If you still would like to make things right I will gladly very very lovely write a rebuttal and tell how wonderful they are about their new customer service policies but after almost over a dozen effuse and promises that were never kept bicoastal I just don't see that happening. I would love to see this happen and if it does I will write a long lengthy letter on every single NFA silencer board that there is and tell how Coastal has changed there customer service. I just want my can fixed and ive bwwn teting tondonit for over a DECADE MORE.
KEN
AAC- Evo-9, Pilot, Ti-Rant 9, M4-2000
Coastal Passport
SWD- M11, M11-A1, M11(NIB)
SiCo Omega
Arsenal 107ur
Fleming Trigger Pack
Chi-Com Norinco Type 56
PAWS Colt SP1
DeadAir MASK HD
Surefire Ryder Ti9
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: AMAZING RESULTS WITH "THE DIP"!!!!!!!

Post by a_canadian »

"ansnthe comeofnfine andnaremxomreples f lte÷÷" and "bwwn teting tondonit" are confusing. Typing with cold thumbs on a small phone while drunk perhaps? It might help if you could translate these phrases into English.

In terms of getting the can apart, I'd suggest having a machinist make you a tool to do that. Or make one yourself. No point ruining the can just because Coastal won't treat you right.
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

I think there was 1 sentence about the dip in that rant.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

It is not the most interesting post in the world, actually not even in this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

mars wrote:I think there was 1 sentence about the dip in that rant.
I FOUND IT!!! After reading your response I went back and re-read the OP just to find it. I'd completely missed it the first time around. No, I'm not joking.
fastfire
Silent But Deadly

Post by fastfire »

Go to a chemical supply store and get a gallon of 30% hydrogen peroxide dilute that 50% with h2o then mix with vinegar, it will boil!
If the can is really caked up change the mix every 12 or so hours until clean. I've had to change the mix as many as 5 times until clean, and it will get there.
glocker17
Silent But Deadly

Post by glocker17 »

My Coastal Passport takedown tool is a 1/4" allen key, not sure I would need anything from them to crack it open.
kend

Post by kend »

glocker17 wrote:My Coastal Passport takedown tool is a 1/4" allen key, not sure I would need anything from them to crack it open.
Yep, it takes a 1/4" allen wrench, why would they need to send you one? If there's as much carbon in it as you make it sound maybe you should have cleaned it sooner. I know Coastal doesn't have a good reputation it seems and it may be deserved but I'd have to see a copy of the emails with all the "effuse" to believe that, I'd also like to hear their side of that story to see what kind of customer you are to deal with :lol: