Any Private Person Actually Got an Obsidian 45 Yet?

Moderator: Henry Graham

HK91
Silent Operator

Any Private Person Actually Got an Obsidian 45 Yet?

Post by HK91 »

Has anyone actually got an Obsidian 45 yet? What do you really think about it? Are you using Rugged or Silencerco thread adapters? What guns you running your Obsidian 45 on? Any problems or issues?

I purchased one around the first week of September 2016 on a Form 4 via a trust, my guess is it won't get approved till around July or August 2017.

HK91
Bmountt

Re: Any Private Person Actually Got an Obsidian 45 Yet?

Post by Bmountt »

I've run my Obsidian on an HK45CT and Glock 17 and it's been great so far. Haven't tried it on my 300blk yet so I can't comment on that, but on the pistols, using subsonic in the Glock, it was surprisingly quiet. It doesn't feel heavy enough to throw off the balance, even in the long configuration. Easy to take apart and clean, especially with the all SS baffles. I have a Silencerco piston for the HK and Rugged for the Glock and 1911, when I get my barrel for it. I would go with the Rugged if you can find them, but honestly I couldn't tell that much difference.
HK91
Silent Operator

Post by HK91 »

Thanks for the information.
BigBlockBobby

Post by BigBlockBobby »

I have one that I use on several guns. My HK Mark23, Sig P226 MK25, Sig M11-A1, Glock 17, Glock 19 and a 3 lug on my Sig MPX 9mm.
I love the can and do not have enough good things to say about it. Great tone, and the can works good enough on my 9mm pistols I have no need for a 9mm can.

I run the Silencerco LH piston on the Mark 23, the Rugged LH piston on all my factory threaded barrel 9mm's, HK 3 lug with the rugged mount.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Picked up mine last Friday. He actually emailed me a week prior that the stamp came but I work a lot. Purchase was 4/20/16

It sounds pretty good on my 9mm AR. Just got a barrel for 1911 but it needs minor fitting. Will update when I put some more rounds through
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

HK91 wrote:Has anyone actually got an Obsidian 45 yet? What do you really think about it? Are you using Rugged or Silencerco thread adapters? What guns you running your Obsidian 45 on? Any problems or issues?

I purchased one around the first week of September 2016 on a Form 4 via a trust, my guess is it won't get approved till around July or August 2017.

HK91
It's very nice and extremely tough. Very quiet with regular bulk store ammo, I shoot tons of Federal 45 and 9 aluminum case because its cheap at Walmart and S&B brass case by the case. Have tried Freedom munitions Hush 230 grain 45 and it is noticeably quieter than other 45 in a dry can... if I use some RemOil or wire pulling gel then I don't notice a difference in any 230 grain ammo.

I have used both Rugged and Silencerco pistons as I have read that they are the same design by the same guy... no problems with either. I miked them both before I used them with an electronic mike and they seem to be exactly the same.
revenir

Post by revenir »

Why so long?
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

revenir wrote:Why so long?
The NFA times are actually slowly coming down in wait time as the NFA branch finished up with the over 200,000 suppressors filed using a trust before the deadline which was what... a year or more ago? I don't remember but was talking with NFA a while back and they said they only had 15-20,000 left to process then everyone should notice shorter approval times. I know that Dealer to Dealer approval times are almost immediate now, I've ordered items for sale and had them arrive within 5-10 days. Wish my customers could experience that timeline...
revenir

Post by revenir »

Now I understand, thanks