Pier 1 Imports: Self-Defense Vase

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Pier 1 Imports: Self-Defense Vase

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.theonion.com/article/pier-1- ... mash-56297
“The narrow design makes it easy to grip even with trembling hands, and the sturdy 3-pound body is certain to incapacitate even the brawniest of trespassers—there’s no need to sacrifice elegant design and craftsmanship to protect your family from a robber or potential murderer.”

Home carry might provide somewhat more options than a self-defense vase.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Re: Pier 1 Imports: Self-Defense Vase

Post by TROOPER »

Why not a self-defense hammer? A 2.5-pound 'mini-sledge' is about as ideal as you can find in a short wind-up melee weapon. It doesn't require much pull-back to get a solid hit, nor can it be easily blocked due to its inertia.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

Why not a self-defense hammer? A 2.5-pound 'mini-sledge' is about as ideal as you can find in a short wind-up melee weapon. It doesn't require much pull-back to get a solid hit, nor can it be easily blocked due to its inertia.
I agree with your assessment for meelee weapon choice of a hammer over a vase. After all, a vase that breaks is a one-shot deal while a hammer affords the user multiple strikes without breaking the tool.

Me, I prefer the classic ball-peen.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I like me a good framing hammer.

Does that vase come in camo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Masonry hammers have that wicked hook.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

johndoe3 wrote:
I agree with your assessment for meelee weapon choice of a hammer over a vase. After all, a vase that breaks is a one-shot deal while a hammer affords the user multiple strikes without breaking the tool.

Me, I prefer the classic ball-peen.
You say that, but a ball-peen will get stuck in a skull. Obviously having a hammer sticking out of the head can be an effective means of concluding a disagreement, but if there's two people, you might wish to have a less stuck-in-the-head implement than a ball-peen.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

small sledge = Desert Eagle .50 AE

ball-peen = 9mm

Hypothetically, the advantage of a ball-peen may be in the speed it affords during a general mayhem melee; and a ball-peen affords equal effect using the flat face on the fore-stroke on one opponent and the rounded side against another opponent on the backstroke.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I would choose my son's 33" Lewisville Slugger over a vase. Also works on fireflies in the yard this time of year. They really do go down in flames if you make contact.