Form 1 (Trust) returned?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

monster

Form 1 (Trust) returned?

Post by monster »

Form 1, applied as a Trust, went pending on January 3rd of this year. Got a phone call today from the branch chief, stating that my form was being mailed back to me today.

She said something about not providing a signature and my wife needed to provide some additional documentation. When we applied, she was a permanent resident, but has since became a U.S. Citizen.
I explained that and she requested we send a copy of her naturalization certificate. Okay, whatever, but when we applied we stated she was a lawful resident and even included her USCIS number. Nowhere on the form, did we see anything about providing proof of her lawful status. Also, the only portion of the form 1 I didn't sign, was the portion that said to only complete if applying as an individual... WTF?

I've been working with my reps office, who have been amazing BTW, to figure out what was going on with these form 1s... I've had friends apply as individuals, months after I did, and received their approved forms months ago.

Ever had a form 1 returned before, folks? From what I understand, I will not loose my place in line and should be really close to having an approval, right? Thanks.
crazyelece
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Form 1 (Trust) returned?

Post by crazyelece »

While your situation is kind of unique, the error letter should tell you exactly what they want.

Just fill in or change what they ask for and send it back.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

monster wrote:Form 1, applied as a Trust, went pending on January 3rd of this year. Got a phone call today from the branch chief, stating that my form was being mailed back to me today.
good to know that my february forms arent even close to being done :cry:
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

My how things have changed.

Trusts used to be done months before individuals. Now, it's flip flopped.

It won't do any good to complain to your elected reps. They're not going to do anything about it. You may as well just suck it up and wait like everyone else.

To answer your question, no you won't lose your place in line. You have 30 days to submit the changes or provide the info they are asking about.

And usually, is approved within a couple of weeks after they get it back in their hand.
I don't care what your chart says
monster

Post by monster »

Are these forms returned via USPS? Does the ATF select tracking?

USPS in my area is horrendous, lost several packages in the past 2 years. What happens in the event a package is lost?

Thanks!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

yes, they are returned through usps.

I've never had a courtesy call from NFA branch though.

But whatever they are asking for, that's what you'll have to give them.

The clock starts on the day they return them. Not on the day you receive them.
monster

Post by monster »

Would you folks know if ATF returns these back with an option to track via USPS?
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Nope.

Tracking costs money.
crazyelece
Senior Silent Operator

Post by crazyelece »

No tracking, no priority, nothing special in any way.

It comes back as regular first class postage just as if they mailed you a letter.

If you don't see it in a week - week and a half, I'd call and tell him you never received it.
monster

Post by monster »

Haven't received it yet, called my examiner and he said if I don't see it by Friday, to give them a call.

It pisses me off, because my wife's fingerprint card was evidently included!!! Social and DOB right on the card. Pisses me off.

What happens next? Do they have me reprint the forms with corrections, or do they send out copies of the originals? Do I get a reset on the 30 day return window due to this? Thanks!
crazyelece
Senior Silent Operator

Post by crazyelece »

If there were omissions; fill them in, initial, and date.

If there are corrections; strikethrough, add correction, initial, and date.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Ive had a few courtesy calls over the years. Send them what they want and you'll get fast tracked.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter