Silencer use by LE/MIL

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bushmastaactual

Silencer use by LE/MIL

Post by Bushmastaactual »

So I'm in CO attending some firearms training and the class is all law enforcement. I was impressed by the number of LEO running agency issued suppressors (Sig, surefire). I know the US Marines are fielding entire units with suppressors. I think the more agencies use them the more accessible they will become and change public perception. In my home state, agencies are issuing cans to SWAT and allowing officers to purchase personally owned cans for duty rifles.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Silencer use by LE/MIL

Post by poikilotrm »

Don’t know much about cops and cop psychology, do you?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Military and LEO are always exempt from the same gun laws as the rest of us by default.

I am glad to see them becoming more common though.
I don't care what your chart says
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

John A. wrote:Military and LEO are always exempt from the same gun laws as the rest of us by default.
Not always. In WA until 2011 the silencer use ban applied to police as well as the rest of us. It took the combination of a Democrat sponsor and the police showing up at committee hearings to support the bill to ensure it made it to the floor for a vote.
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273