Oh HAPPY DAY

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Oh HAPPY DAY

Post by OJB4 »

My Maxim 9 was approved today and I thought I had at the least another 3 months to wait! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I just had to share the news cause I was so friggin excited.....

I knew you guys would be happy for me. My employees didn't seem to understand the significance of this life altering event.
I've gotta stop this habit.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Oh HAPPY DAY

Post by John A. »

Congratulations.

Your employees may not get it but I do.

I took off work when I got my machinegun too.
I don't care what your chart says
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

Congrats!

The Maxim is a cool pistol, although I'd have been more excited about it in .45. Regardless, it's pretty much the first legitimately hearing safe handgun that could be feasibly carried. I've built some pretty stubby cans with wonky profiles trying to keep OAL to a minimum, but you just can't touch the size and weight of the Maxim with any thread-on can.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

ECCO Machine wrote:Congrats!

The Maxim is a cool pistol, although I'd have been more excited about it in .45. Regardless, it's pretty much the first legitimately hearing safe handgun that could be feasibly carried. I've built some pretty stubby cans with wonky profiles trying to keep OAL to a minimum, but you just can't touch the size and weight of the Maxim with any thread-on can.

I’d be willing to bet that they’re gonna make that .45 you want. Just gonna space the release out long enough that people throw in the towel and buy the 9. Then they release the 45 and people like me will turn around and buy the 45 version too.
I've gotta stop this habit.
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

Congrats ! I know the "high" you feel ! I submitted two separate F4's back in 6/17 for the Sig 762 ti , and the Rev45 and to my total disbelief and delight I got the calls on 12/15/17 that my stamps got approved !